LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJILAN S S   28 April 2019

consumer case against Amazon

I have ordered a printer from Amazon and I paid prepaid Rs5499 and my order is delivered on 26april.The issue is serial number mentioned on invoice is wrong/invalid and it is different from my printer's serial number mentioned on the backside.And Amazon is not responding my request.What are the steps required to register a consumer case against Amazon.My invoice is not printed correct serial number/invalid so I cannot claim warranty in future also I cannot register extended warranty without serial number.
please help kindly give proper steps to register a consumer case against Amazon.What documents are required.

The issue is amazon printed a wrong serial number in invoice.
Manufacturer doesn't made any mistake.
The mistake is done by Amazon.

Shall I able to register a consumer case without issuing a legal notice And FIR.

I already raised a complaint on amazon regarding this and amazon give a resolution date which may 3.
If the issue is not resolved then I am planning to register a consumer case

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)
You don't have to file FIR, but you/your lawyer should send a legal notice, before filing in consumer forum, since it serve as a purpose that they had chance to rectify the error.

Document you ll be needing are copy of order, invoice,order acceptance message or email, you current complaint with amazon and all mail trail regarding this issue.

Thanks
satyammishra181@gmail.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 April 2019

I already raised a complaint on amazon regarding this and amazon give a resolution date which may 3. If the issue is not resolved then I am planning to register a consumer case   

Now that your complaint was registered with a time frame, wait upto 15th May, 2019.  On 4th May, 2019 file consumer complaint in district consumer forum as a party in person.  You need not incur expenditure of more than Rs.200/- total in all including stationery and postage, if you appear as a party in person.

You have paid consideration of Rs.   to Amazon.

It is the duty of Amazon to provide proper invoice disclosing the correct number.  Instead of Printed No....on article, .the invoice showed some other number .......... which deprived you a service warranty on the product and a deficiency of service.

The deficiency of not providing an invoice as per correct number marked on the purchased article is a deficiency and this was brought to attention of Amazon with a request to correct their mistake.

They have acknowledged and given a due date for redressal as 3rd May, 2019.

As there was no response, you have also reminded on 4tth May, 2019.

Still there was no response till 15th May, 2019, hence filing consumer complaint for deficiency of services.

These are the only valid points in complaint and construct the complaint in a brief and simple manner so that the contents do not exceed 2 sizes of A4 enclosing self attested hard copies of all relevant documents that state consideration payment, copy of invoice, Photograph showing the printed number on the article, your grievance, their due date, your reminder.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register