LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Prasad   29 March 2019

cnt act ranchi

sir, i want to purchase a plot in ranchi. that plot intialy belongs to muslim ansari which has sold the property in 2008 to a person which belongs to bihar, cast is kurmi mahto.
in this case cnt act applicable for kurmi mahto of bihari. can transfer of property take place? can i buy this property?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 March 2019

Get a legal opinion from the advocate where the property is situated, as the status of the land is not known to other members.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 March 2019

Section 46 of the CNT Act restricts transfer of land belonging to Scheduled Tribes/Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes. However, a tribal may transfer his land through sale, exchange, gift or will to a fellow Scheduled Tribe member and residents of his own police station area. Similarly, SCs and BCs can transfer land to members of their own community within the limits of the district in which the land is located with prior permission of the deputy commissioner.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 March 2019

Yes, the restriction is on the basis of the character of the land (tribal or non-tribal) and based on the caste or community of the occupant or holder of the land.

Shashi Dhara   29 March 2019

U make confirm that law applies for govt grant or for purchased land also.as per my knowledge when govt grants lands it imposes certain conditions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register