Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavi (lawyer)     05 April 2009

change of share'sname

Learned friends,

I have a question. my client's husband was holding a considerable shares in major companies in india  and abroad. He died without any will. Now i need to how to transfer the shares to name of my client. We are only having the share cerficates. Guide me how to proceed.

Learning

4 Replies

anju jain (lawyer)     06 April 2009

write to the company concerned and they will send you the format of their indeminity bonds or the documents required for transmission. and if they do not tramit the shares then you can file an application before Company law Board.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     06 April 2009

Dear Madam,

Procedure for Transmission of shares in case of death of shareholder:

• Share Certificate(s) along with the necessary documents to be sent to the Share Transfer Agent.

• If shares held in joint names, other joint holders to provide:

• death certificate, in original or copy thereof duly attested by competent authorities (magistrate, notary public, gazetted officer, managers of nationalised banks)

• transfer deed or request on plain paper, without affixing stamp duty, duly signed by the surviving joint holder(s)

• share certificate(s) in original

• If shares held in single name, legal heir(s) to provide:

• probate of will

• where deceased shareholder has not left any Will, succession certificate or letter of administration.

• death certificate, in original or copy thereof duly attested by competent authorities (magistrate, notary public, gazetted officer, managers of nationalised banks)

• transfer deed or request on a plain paper, without affixing stamp duty, duly signed by legal heir(s)

• Where the Company, at its discretion (if the shares involved are not more than 100) waives requirement of production of Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration, legal heirs to provide:

• letter of indemnity

• affidavit

• no-objection letter

• transfer deed or request on a plain paper, without affixing stamp duty, duly signed by legal heir(s)

No Objection Letter Format attached below.

Attached File : 31 no objection letter.doc downloaded: 163 times

kavi (lawyer)     06 April 2009

Dear friends,

thanks for solving my problem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register