Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jay (aaaaaa)     13 April 2010

change of fathers name after my moms remarriage

Hello Everyone,

My parents divorced when i was 3 yrs old......we were living with my grand parents(mothers side)......My mother re married when i was 7 yrs....ever scince then my father(new to whom my mother married)have been taking care of me in every respect.
I have not seen my biological father sience my parents were divorced nor do I remember my mother speaking about him.

There seems to be no refrence about the rights of child in the divorce ruling given by court. 

I am now 20 yrs old & would like to have my fathers name replaced with the new one .

I need ur help on this

regards

jay

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     13 April 2010

well approach your local advocate ask him you want to change fathers name and necessary reasons

specifically ask him that if possible you would like to go through he medium of gadget procedure. 

He will collect necessary documents and then submit to gadget office alongwith required affidavits.

Regards

Thanks for the quick replay........

I have been touch with a local lawyer ,he has made some documents as below...

1. Registered adoption deed (My new father & mother have signed....my biological father was not present)

2. made a affidavite for the same.

--------

We had send the documents  to the gazatte office but the same were rejected by them on the ground....

that a FATHERS name cannot be changed after a person attains the age of 20/21 (i am 21 NOW )

regards

jay

do you have passport.

if not then make it but tell the person who makes passport that there is a mistake in fathers name

and i want to change fathers name to So & so.....

then publish the same in newspaper.

if this does not work

option  

go to your local lawyer tell him to file a case against birth registrar for change of necessary name

if he accepts to do it {first please confirm}

then your mother on the oath will describe the same as from the birth all care of the child is taken by your current father and therefore the necessary amendment is required.

Sir,

No i do not have a passport.

But i have talked with a passport agent & he said that a possport can be made with my new fathers name if i give a adv in new paper on the strength of the above documents prepared by the lawyer.

But will it be legal.

I had sent the above documents to my college for changing my name & their lawyer rejected the same.Stating the this is merely an oath & I need to producw copy of the notification.

Will it be accepted by them if i produce a passport with the new name??...will they be able to change my name in college records...???

regards

jay

ok then first make passport as

passport will have your both names

i.e. current (new name)

and a column previously known as so called name.

then provide the same to concerned department

passport is a government proof and therefore it is acceptable even if you want to change the name is records of your ration card.

Ok,

will do the same immediately........

Thanks for your precious time..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register