LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasanna   24 February 2015

can my mother deny my right to claim ancestral property

Hi My maternal grandfather has 7 children (6 daughters and 1 son). All 6 daughters registered ancestral property to their brother stating that their kids does not have right to claim on the property. All 6 daughters including my mom are having kids (major and minors. One of their kid is married and having a baby). My grandfather is alive and do i have no right to claim the property? One part of the property is ancestral and other is grandfather's owned one.

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 February 2015

Dear, If you mother as stated by you only that already relinquished her share then I don't think you will have any right to the same .... Please fell free to call to discuss regarding the same .... Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 February 2015

ancestral property is which you inherit from your fathers side and not from your mothers side.so its not ansestral property in nature.your mother and her sisters would have relinguished their right in favour of your brother and they would have registered the same.

another thing is even if a woman gets her share from her fathers side whether ansestral or self aquired is considered to be her self aquired property and she can will it to anyone

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 February 2015

you cant lay any claim in the property

(Guest)

Sir- does your mother gave it as a will or a gift deed when she transferred it to her brother... i guess that matters to an extent in a HUF .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register