LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sutapa sarkar   17 June 2018

can i adopt a child as a single mother?

i am 34 years old divorcee woman, live with my widow mother. i have own house and my income is 10 lakh per annum. i am single child of my parents. Am i eligible to adopt a child? also I want to know the
documents required for adoption?

Learning

6 Replies

sutapa sarkar   17 June 2018

after the bitter experience of 1st marriage, i don't want 2nd marriage....i have no prejudice about own child or other's.....i want to adopt a child whatever be the gender, age 0-2 yrs

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2018

Which personal law applies to you!

You may go thru CARA rules;

Eligibility criteria for prospective adoptive parents;

2. Any prospective adoptive parents, irrespective of his marital status and whether or not he has biological son or daughter, can adopt a child subject to following, namely:-

b.  a single female can adopt a child of any gender;

4.  The age of prospective adoptive parents, as on the date of registration, shall be counted for deciding the eligibility and the eligibility of prospective adoptive parents to apply for children of different age groups shall be as under:- 

Age of the child

Maximum composite age of prospective adoptive parents (couple)

Maximum age of single prospective adoptive parent

Upto 4 years

90 years

45 years

Above 4 and upto 8  years

100 years

50 years

Above 8 and upto 18 years

110 years

55 years

CARINGS : Toll Free Help Line No. 1800-11-1311 | Email : carahdesk[dot]wcd[at]nic[dot]in

https://cara.nic.in/Parents/eg_ri.html

There are many NGO’s, support groups that offer in person, by internet help for such cases…

Then there are decisions by court of law in specific situations…

There are many threads on similar queries that you can search in Threads, Articles, Files etc by SEARCH option e.g;

Article under my profile;

Adoption of Married Person  

From your query it can be read and guessed that you are financially independent and have family support and have read about the mater..

If you are unable to handle the matter on your own approach a very able LOCAL senior counsels of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/civil  matters  and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ revenue codes… and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and show the case related docs etc etc

Inquire at LOCAL courts for such counsels…

Same Query;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Adoptation-as-a-single-mother-684166.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2018

Pool the infor from all threads initiated by you and use IT.

By now you should be satisfied that if you wish you can adopt and how.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register