LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandni Mukherjee   21 September 2018

can 498a and DV be filled together?

1.can I file both 498a and DV case together?
2. where to file for the respective cases?
3. Will police file both the cases at the same time?
4. can I file both the cases and stay in my matrimonial home with law orders?

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 September 2018

Yes you can file both cases together. The section 498a IPC complaint you have lodge with police while the domestic violence complaint with the judicial magistrate directly. You can file both these complaints and continue to stay in matrimonial home but it will be better to move out and then file these complaints. But always mind after filling these criminal complaints, your marriage will break completely and the next marriage in future will be very difficult with the reputation you will develop of filling criminal complaints against the husband and other relatives. No other person will agree so easily to marry you. You marriage is still not one year old, husband has s*xual problems, in laws not in good terms with you and your husband has filled RCR petition against you, with all this small history, it will be best to move out of marriage by filling for divorce by mutual consent as soon one year of marriage is over and move ahead of marriage peacefully rather carrying bad reputation as explained above.

(Guest)
Excellent answer Mr. Mahajan. A rare example of an advocate giving good moral suggestion for benefit of client instead of encouraging her to file false cases to get fees.🙏👍

(Guest)
Excellent answer Mr. Mahajan. A rare example of an advocate giving good moral suggestion for benefit of client instead of encouraging her to file false cases to get fees.🙏👍

K Chakraborty   24 September 2018

soja thana tel 498 korun aar court e DV.. tar songe ja supporting sections asche seta thana kore debe. kintu ekta kotha ei bhodrolok etoh janlo ki kore??? bor er problem biya etc bole jacche? ??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register