LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fernando Sucre   18 August 2017

applied for divorce cruelty

wife left house an year back and her dad called me unfit and took her.. we have never bonded mentally right from engagement.. i applied for divorce 6 months back and it was sent to mediation.. she said she ll give divorce if i pay her 75lakh.. which i said i cant and mediator sent it to court.. she has not filed any cases yet.. in court i feel she ll talk about rejoining.. to torture me and family.. how to face it.. i dont want her in my life..

Learning

2 Replies

fernando Sucre   20 August 2017

any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     21 August 2017

From your query, i gather that you are scared that your wife in order to pressurize you to give in to her demand, may file for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.  There is nothing which you can do to prevent the same from happening, unless and until you are prepared to pray up. Rather unfortunately, RCR has been reduced to a pressure tatic. However, even if your wife files for RCR, she is not going to get it as a matter of right.  She has to convince the Court of being denied a chance to the love, affection and company of the husband.  So, i would advise you to collect the proof to the contrary.  After she left, you must have made efforts to speak to her or get her back.  What was her reaction? Do you have any writings to that effect?  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register