LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

annulement of marriage

A Hindu girl, 26 yo, expressed clear unwillingness to get married in a love marriage to which both parents of the girl and the guy had agreed upon. Started refusing to marry, 2 months before the marriage until 10-15 days before the marriage. Cleary expressed unwillingness due to numerous reasons relating to the guy's behaviour which included verbal as well as physical abuse in the past.
The marriage process had reached a point too far and hence her own parents, the guy and his parents, all pressurised her to get married due to the money involved and the reputation being on the line. The girl could not fight anymore and was also unable to run away. Therefore had no choice but to get married. 10 days after the marriage, the girl left his company , and now does not wish to go back to living with him bcz she married only under pressure. the marriage has not been consumated and she can prove it over a recorded phone call between herself and her husband. She can also prove that she resented alot many times but even that too is either in audio recorded format or message conversations.

Can she now file for annulment ? If yes, then what should be the grounds and what's the way to go about it ?

Also, the marriage happened in Delhi which her a residence, and the guy resides in Pune. But as she cannot go back home, she is living in Mumbai with her friend. (info for any residential requirements)

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 February 2019

Move for annulment of marriage at Delhi. 

Pune Court can not assume jurisdiction.

If you  feel so, you may contact me (on appointment) at:
Ch. No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075 Cell # 9891152939

1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 February 2019

Getting annulment from Delhi Family Courts will not be possible on the ground of force and fraud for the said marriage, the facts and circumstances as stated here. It will be mere waist of money on lawyer and litigation if that petition is filled in court. Alternate process can be worked out and the matter can be resolved amicably. You can contact me at my provided address mentioned in my profile here in this forum and the matter can be resolved in the best interest of the woman in distress.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     17 February 2019

Marriage annulment petition can be filed at Delhi.
1 Like

Shashi Dhara   17 February 2019

File joint petition with mutual consent U/S13Bof Hindu marriage act for divorce

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register