LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harshit tiwari   19 February 2019

Amendment in partnership deed

a partnership consisting 3 partners were establish. We purchase e stamp of ₹2000 and made a partnership deed on green paper.and we have notery all the papers (including the estamp).
Then I apply to register the partnership firm online on firm and socity registration portal.and uploaded all the document and pay fees.now the problem is that they rase a query that initial capital introduce by each partner was not written in deed and address was wrong.
so what can I do to correct these error in partnership deed.can I ammend it?if yes how can I do so?plz help

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 February 2019

You can correct the mistakes one or two.  But if you make more corrections, it may be rejected.  so it is better to get a fresh Partnership Deed without mistakes and then apply for registration of the Firm.  

2 Like

harshit tiwari   19 February 2019

Sir I have heard from a ca that on stam of 500 I'll give reference of old deed on make correction of both the error.That option is less costly.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     20 February 2019

First think to be carefully noted is that an unregistered Partnership Deed shall be dangerous for you Partners and also the firm. Because, anybody can file a case (of course with a cause of action) against you partners and/or the Partnership Firm or both.  However, an unregistered Partnership Firm does not have any right whatsoever to file any case against anybody,

Having understood the importantce of registration of the Registration of the Partnership Deed, please take the matter seriously and get the Deed written by an experience Lawyer so that ll required details shall be included like Correct address with proof, Capital by each Partner, Name of the Firm etc. and get the same Registered before  any business./transactions are statred.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 February 2019

A partnership can be oral.  Whether a partnership deed is also mandatory for registering the name of the firm is not known.  (There are cases in AP where firm name was registered but there is no deed with those registration documents submitted to the Register of firms when sought under RTI Act.)

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     20 February 2019

An unregistered Partnership firm does not have any rights to file case against others in any manner, while others can file case against the Partnership firm.  This is a distinct disadvantage if the firm is doing business and they shall not be able to file case for recovery of their dues while its creditors can file cases against it. So ensure that the partnership deed is registered without fail.

accounts accounts   27 March 2024

Hi every one, we have created a partnership firm which unregistred in aug-23, after some time the partners changed the name of partnership, but they want parnership effective from the date of aug-23.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTATION NEEDS TO BE DONE. OR CAN I DO FRESH PARTNERSHIP DEED WITH EFFECTIVE FROM AUG 2023 ON NEW STAMP PAPER.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register