LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aspi pooniwala (retired )     02 March 2018

accident

yesterday while I was driving on a two track road there was a double parked car on the left as I was passing this car suddenly a activa with a pillion rider came rashly from left rear trying to pass through the small gap between the parked vehicle and my vehicle that also was nearly at stand still as there was an autorick moving very slowly at my right. The activa guy lost control skidded in front of my car and the rider jumped and left the bike which fell on the pillion rider leg fracturing it. Though there is no sign of my vehicle touching him he claims that he lost control because of my vehicle going slightly left. I unnecessary got detained by the police and they took statement of a lady who said she was witness I was asked to wait at the station for 5 hours until report from hospital came and then was let off by the police they never took my statement just my name address and cell number and photographs from all angles

Can they file a case against me at a later date for any claims my vehicle has full insurance and though my vehicle did not touch the activa can I be blamed for the guy skid and the activa falling on the pillion rider leg? Can the riders statement and statement of one witness be used against me Kindly advise

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register