Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tallapakam (Engineer)     08 January 2015

Youngertoelder

Hi Sir,

We are three brothers. My elder brother is a bachelor and he has a house which is his self-acquired, even though it was constructed when we are united family, I and my younger brother dint spent any penny on it. We have some agricultural land which is forming by me and my younger brother.

While we are get separated, I and my younger brother got agricultural lands equally and my elder brother got his self-acquired house. After separating we didn't made any registration / documented for the division of the properties. After 16 years of time, my younger brother asking for share from the elder brother’s house which is self-acquired by him. Even though he dint spent any money on it, today he is saying I had given some money for house construction (there is no proof for it) and I have share in it.

My elder brother written a will for his house that my children will become owners of his property after him. Is there any way that my younger brother can get any share from the house before or after my elder brother’s death?

Thanks,

Learning

1 Replies

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     08 January 2015

If your brother is alive and will is genuine another brother can not and if your brother is dead than also another brother can not, but will should be registered one or any family settlement document can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register