Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Xerox copies submitted at the time of joining

Dear All,

Currently I am working with one of big MNC,I joined 2-3 months back.Prior to joining I submitted soft copies of all my educational certificates as it is to my current employer.

At the time of joining i submitted my xerox copies of all my educational certificates

I am not sure but some of xerox copies are attested.

In our organisation we submit scanned copies of all documents for verification purpose.(That is for background verification )

But in past I edited my one of xerox copy of mark sheet, just as time pass.(not scanned copy and origional certificate)

But now i am afraiding that by mistake i submitted xerox copy of those edited mark sheets(not sure but i submitted soft copies as it is).

If my edited xerox copy found will this cause any issue.

Will it be good to tell hr from my side or shall i wait for HR's response then only i 

need to take action on this as i am not sure that i submitted xerox copy of edited educational certificate.

Moreover is there any legal action against this(Like fine or 2 yrs punishment).

Please suggest what shall i do now.

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     22 November 2014

If it will be found edited you have to leave the organization.....no exception...i don't think company will take any harsh action again u

(Guest)

(Guest)

Thanks prem.

I am in big trouble now,employer used scanned copies for verification purpoe(I already submitted scanned copies of origional certificates as it is) .

Moreover I hired on the basis of my qualification and degree but not because of marks. The mistake I done is edit the xerox copy not the original one(stamped by notary but not sure). Is this comes under criminal act as I have already submitted scanned copies of origional certificates as it is for verification purpose.

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2014

Meet a lawyer in person if any action has been initiated. You have submitted multiple queries with another ID....dip...and have received advice.

(Guest)

Hello Sir,

I know I am asking too many questions.But i have no idea abt laws.

Someone told me that if manipulated xerox copy of any doc can found by hr team then they can terminate the service even file a case as act of cheating.

In my case there was nothing to cheat however I submitted  scanned copies for all my certificates as it is before joining for background verification.however i got offer on the basis of my experience and qualification that i have.(that is not fake)

But i there is 1 doubt only regarding 1 xerox that i tried to edit previously.

If edited xerox found will this come under forgery act.(is there any possibility of punishment )

In addition this is private international mnc not an government office.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 November 2014

BGV has been conducted on the basis of scanned copies (true copy) of originals and BGV is successful. Stress on it. Don't ever do such editing again.

(Guest)
Thanks Sir, But can you please suggest what shall I do now Will company may file criminal action if I found guilty. As there was no profit for me and there was no loss for company also additionally I submitted scanned copies of origional certificates Thankd

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register