Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKSHAY PANDHRE (DEVELOPMENT OFFICER)     18 October 2014

Wrongful termination of workman

hello sir,

i am working as a development officer in LIC OF INDIA which is public sector company. development oficer is a so called class-2 officer in lic of india. even supreme court stated it as a workman with no discretionary powers. LIC misleaded so many persons under this practice and now started terminations all over india under the name of work norms and non fulfillment of target. some persons are also getting terminated after 20 years of service. i am working since last 5 years with lic and received decrements last two years. this may lead to termination within next two years. they terminate the service even after confirmation and successful completion of probation period. all other posts are confirmed in lic including class-4 peons and sweepers. class 1 marketing officers are also confirmed eventhough they are equally responsible for non fulfillment of target. now as a workman what priviledges do i have and how can i safeguard my job ???

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

whetehr DO are getting salary, any seniority list, any promotion prospects, etc.

AKSHAY PANDHRE (DEVELOPMENT OFFICER)     28 October 2014

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

whetehr DO are getting salary, any seniority list, any promotion prospects, etc.

yes at present my basic is 12935 and gross salary 28000. i was on 13700 basic first but due to decrement i came down to 12935. for promotion we have to do good sales performance for 3 years and can become assistant branch manager which is class 1 post and permanent in nature. after promotion no decremnt  or termination even after branch target goes in minus. this is sales based promotion and we are not allowed to apply in departmental examinations like class 3 and class 4 employees.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2014

refer to terms of apointment and consult lawyers on the feasibility of:-

(i) filing complaint with labor commission

(ii) case in High court

(iii) case before Distt Judge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register