LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satish (TL)     03 August 2013

Wrong pan updated in company portal - need rectification

I work in company ABC. My correct PAN number is XYZ but by mistake my income tax was deducted(april till june 2012) with wrong PAN number XYY.
This wrong PAN does not belong to any persion. I wanted to file my ITR for assessment year 2013-14 and it is observed that i have to pay extra amount because of TDS mismatch.
Company is not rectifying the issue and challan not given for TDS deducted for wrong PAN
Can someone let me know the rectification of this issue and also kindly advise to whom i need to approach or what process do i need to follow inorder to avoid paying extra amount. Please do the needful and let me know the process to make my revised TDS updated to my correct PAN.

Learning

1 Replies

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     03 August 2013

Your Query: Company is not rectifying the issue and challan not given for TDS deducted for wrong PAN.

Let me know the rectification of this issue and also kindly advise to whom i need to approach or what process do i need to follow inorder to avoid paying extra amount.

Reply:1. In your ITR, claim the tax actually deducted from you.

2. Complain to your Assessing Officer, the TDS Officer in charge of the Company, and to  the CIT(TDS)

about the bon-receipt of the TDS Certificate, and the mismatch in the PAN. If there is no response within 30 days, you can complain to the Income Tax Ombudsman of the area.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register