LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (nil)     02 August 2012

Wrong pan no. entered while deducting tds

LIC and MSC Bank have deducted TDS on salary and F.D. interest resp. They have entered wrong PAN no. while deducting the TDS. As such,I am not getting any tax credit.Both the deductors claim that they are trying to rectify the problem but are unable to do so. As such, I'm unable to file my return. Please suggest what can I do to file the return and what are my legal options against the deductors in the event that I cannot file my return.

Learning

2 Replies

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     06 August 2012

You may ask the tds deductor to rectify the PAN No. and take their sign and stamp on the tds certificate. Than, you query is solved. to transfre the funds from one particular account to your account is their headache thereonwards.

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     15 August 2012

The Deductors have to file correction TDS returns. If they don't set right the matter you can complain to:

1. The Commissioner of Income Tax(TDS) having jurisdiction over the deductors;

2. your Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, that your Assessing Officer is not granting your refund; if there is no effect within one month, complain to the Income tax Ombudsman having jurisdiction over that Chief Commissioner of Income tax.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register