Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

admin   10 October 2015

Wrong date of birth in birth certificate

Hi All,

My name is Sumit Narula and I'm from Bhiwani, Haryana. My original D.O.B is 23/09/1989 and the same is mentioned in all my academic and professional documents. Recently, I was about to apply for the passport. However, when I saw my birth certificate, I found my D.O.B mentioned on it was 23/12/1989 and the registration date was 29/12/1989.

I believe this is all due to the mistake of the concerned person sitting at the Municipal Committee in Bhiwani. My parents or probably someone in my family got my D.O.B registered on 29/09/1989 and the person must have asked the Date to fill in the papers, which he was answered to be 23. So he wrote it as 23rd of that month (December). And, it was mentioned incorrectly.

Plz suggest how can I get it corrected on my Birth Certificate? I need to get it corrected ASAP.

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     12 October 2015

Make an application to the Tahasil marking a copy to the Collector stating that there is a correction in the DOB and to kingly correct the same in the certificate. You will be issued a new DOB certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register