LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harpal singh   07 July 2015

Wrong bill, certificate case by bsnl, misbehaviour by gm

BSNL sent me a bill of 7000/- in 2012. That was wrong according to me. They cut the line and sent a bill of 17000/- the following month for the disconnected phone. I wrote to them. The next month they sent a bill of 30000/-. I even asked under RTI again and again to which there was no response. Then they filed a certificate case in the court of executive magistrate. I appeared and as per the chance to object against the liability I filed my objection against the liability. I also explained all the ignorance and attitude of the BSNL. The magistrate did not enter my attendance and objection in the file.

I thought the case is solved. Now in 2015 the BSNL reopened my case an warrant was issued for my arrest. It was recalled. I approached the Executive Magistrate to send my case to Lok Adalat. There in Lok Adalatthe BSNL officials refused to settle the case and said they are not having the authority to solve it. (then why did they attend the lok adalat?). Now my matter is again sent to lok adalat which is to be held after 4 days. I went to discuss the matter with the GM BSNL so that again in lok adalat they don't say that they are not the right persons to solve...the GM misbehaved and said such things which can not be mentioned here. He insulted me and my wife and even called us thieves. We are hurt v badly. We spend all our earnings on the poor and needy. we have even adopted orphan kids (8) and we never earn for ourselves. And this GM, instead of being unbiased and understanding, abuses us and calls us defaulters!

What should I do now?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2015

You could have agitated in DCDRF.

Prefer detailed discussion in person with an able Lawyer dealing in such/consumer matters with all docs on record and proceed further under expert advise of your lawyer.

The lawyer that has examined all docs and record can advise you the best.

Is the office CCTV covered with audio?

If yes avail the footage thru police or court and sue the GM.

Or if you have irrefutable evidence lodge complaint against GM.

1 Like

harpal singh   08 July 2015

I have recorded the entire discussion on a device as I was warned about the nature of the GM. Although the video could not aim at the GM's face but his office view is filmed...somewhere he is also visible...but yes, the audio recorded is v clear. But I am told that it is illegal to do such a sting!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 July 2015

Any evidence is evidence even if acquired by illegal means.

Every evidence is acceptable.

Is it illegal to record the transgression, illegal, bad conduct of a govt. official?

No authority in BSNL can state so.

CM-Delhi Kejriwal ji has publically announced to record and send them the evidence.

Discuss with your lawyer specializing in criminal law and your lawyer would know how to handle the matter and can advise you further.

You may also consult a lawyer specializing in consumer cases. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register