LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya Maheshwari   13 May 2017

Wrong NEFT

I am currently posted as quality inspector for Wheat procurement by Food Corporation of India at Rajasthan. From this year the corporation started to pay to farmers by NEFT instead of cheque. In month of april 2017 I made a NEFT of ₹56,875.00 to farmer. The farmer holds account at Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank, branch Chittorgarh but due to mkstake I filled IFSC of BANK OF BARODA, branch Chittorgarh. Now recently the farmer approached and informed about non receipt of the amount. On investigation it was found that the amount was transferred to a account holeder having account at Bank of Baroda, Karaval Branch Delhi. I contacted the person about wrong transaction and asked him to return the fund as it belongs to gov of india. He said (on call) that on confirmation he will return. I informed the Bank of Baroda HQ, SBBJ (corporation account branch), about the matter . But i suspect about the refund as lien coild not be marked as the account holder doesn't have sufficient amount. You are requested to kindle help in the matter as in case of non recovery of the fund, same will be deducted from my salary and I will have toface chatgesheet.

Learning

2 Replies

STUDENT.... (.......)     17 May 2017

Dear Mr. Maheshwari,

Please confirm is the name of account holder is same as other a/c holder who received the money?

If the name is same than you will have to fight a case against him if not than it is a bank's mistake as incase of NEFT the a/c holder name should be mentioned along with a/c no# and IFSC code.

I am sure you must have mentioned the same while doing the neft and if the name is different and than also the amount has been transfered to his account than it is a clear fault of bank not your's.

Hence, My recommandation is please check at your end what name was mentioned and on whose name the amount was in which the amount got credited.

STUDENT.... (.......)     17 May 2017

You can also go through the below mentioned link of RBI (Reserve Bank Of India) and read Question No# 8 and do take the printout of this RBI web page which is as follow:

https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=60

Q.8. How does the NEFT system operate?

Step-1 : An individual / firm / corporate intending to originate transfer of funds through NEFT has to fill an application form providing details of the beneficiary (like name of the beneficiary, name of the bank branch where the beneficiary has an account, IFSC of the beneficiary bank branch, account type and account number) and the amount to be remitted. The application form will be available at the originating bank branch. The remitter authorizes his/her bank branch to debit his account and remit the specified amount to the beneficiary. Customers enjoying net banking facility offered by their bankers can also initiate the funds transfer request online. Some banks offer the NEFT facility even through the ATMs. Walk-in customers will, however, have to give their contact details (complete address and telephone number, etc.) to the branch. This will help the branch to refund the money to the customer in case credit could not be afforded to the beneficiary’s bank account or the transaction is rejected / returned for any reason.

Step-2 : The originating bank branch prepares a message and sends the message to its pooling centre (also called the NEFT Service Centre).

Step-3 : The pooling centre forwards the message to the NEFT Clearing Centre (operated by National Clearing Cell, Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai) to be included for the next available batch.

Step-4 : The Clearing Centre sorts the funds transfer transactions destination bank-wise and prepares accounting entries to receive funds from the originating banks (debit) and give the funds to the destination banks(credit). Thereafter, bank-wise remittance messages are forwarded to the destination banks through their pooling centre (NEFT Service Centre).

Step-5 : The destination banks receive the inward remittance messages from the Clearing Centre and pass on the credit to the beneficiary customers’ accounts.

and when you face the chargesheet you can present this printout document in front of inquiry commitee and demand the same for dismisal of chargesheet and get ready to file a case against the bank officials of branch in which the a/c holder has an account in which the amount got credited and let the bank discuss the matter with account holder.

I have also attached the file for your reference.

Attached File : 20170517131407 508158240 rbi neft.pdf downloaded: 83 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register