LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suyog Raut   14 January 2016

Written arguments

Hello all learned people here..!!! I wish to submit written arguments in support of my DV dismissal application. So please guide me about the procedure of submitting written arguments. Under which section should I move the application for written arguments??

Learning

8 Replies

Sidharth   14 January 2016

Written arguments is like telling the court that why court should not rely or give any order in favour of opposite party.

You can submit it to court, by writing things which is in your favour For example:

Most respectfully showth:

1. That...

1 Like

Advantage of written arguments

• You can be free from worry that your lawyer will miss out any point during the argument.
  • It is difficult to get senior lawyer to the courts as they are always busy in some other court and keeps giving excuses and keeps taking adjournments.
  • If it is an oral argument then judge normally writes down points. He himself can miss few points but written arguments are safe.
  • You can add table, graphs, citations etc to make written argument very effective which is not possible in case of oral argument.
  • You can add as many citations as part of the written arguments to make it effective.
  • In fact there is no particular format specified for the written argument.
  • You might have 10 points to be conveyed to the judge in oral arguments. In which lawyer may convey only 7 points and judge may note down only 5 points. So you may lose the vital points which you could have conveyed to the Judge.
1 Like

@Sidhhart thanks a lot bro..!!!

Is there any section in CPC or CrPC under which i can submit written arguments????

@Renuka...

I don't know whats ur agenda here!! At least read the query before answering blindly..!!!!

Dear Suyog,

As wrote,  no section available/ required. 

You can simply write 

WRITTEN ARGUMENTS ON BEHALF OF RESPONDENT/S

Most Respectfully Showth.

1. That

Note: Pls also attach  citations in your favour

1 Like

M.sreedhar   05 March 2019

Show complete document

M.sreedhar   05 March 2019

Show complete document

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies