LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hardeep (Scientific Officer)     28 September 2012

Writing a will

I am a divorced and remarried with a lady who is also divorced and having a daughter from her previous marriage. I am also having one son from my previous marriage. I need guidance about writing a will.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     28 September 2012

You can make a will of your self acquired property in anobodies name.  If you have got sons/daughters from your divorced wife they are also entittle for their share in your ancestral property.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 September 2012

A will can be made by anyone above 21 years of age in India. You can make the will on plain paper in India. It’s not legally necessary to make the will on stamp paper. It is advisable to write your will in your own hand writing, as the same can be verified later in case of any doubts raised by relatives. It might happen that according to your family structure and your preferences, you want to divide your wealth unequally or make a provision for a close friend or a faithful servant. This isn’t possible if you die without a will. A lot of us feel that talking about “Making a Will” is pretty morbid, and hence, we don’t look at it with right attitude.

(Guest)

What specific type of help?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register