Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     26 October 2012

Writ or pil

Dear All,

I want to file an PIL or WRIT on the SEBI a stock market watchdog for taking so much time in the investigation,ignoring the investors investment,they ban,suspend or delist the companies without informing the investors and the effect is huge loss of wealth on the next day of trading,SEBI knew the effect,there is no mechanism out there to protect the investors investment.

On sept 21,2011 they ban one company from raising further equity,13 months gone by for the investigation and  the company project is very much stuck due to the ongoing investigation and the investors has suffered an huge loss of wealth due to the ban from the sebi,there is no time frame for the outcome.

I want to file an case on the sebi on behalf of 2 lakh shareholders,let me know which is better PIL or WRIT?

Iam from mumbai and how much would be total fees for the writ or pil in the mumbai high court.

Learning

10 Replies

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     26 October 2012

Please it urgent....

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     26 October 2012

find out the current status of the investigation, you may move an application under Right to Information Act before the SEBI

in case it is discovered that there is some illegality on the part of SEBI then let the proper procedure be adopted as per law.

like approaching the finace ministry etc., if there is no such alternative efficacious remedy available then go for Writ Petition before the High Court.

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     27 October 2012

Dear Sir,

I file an RTI and the RTI does get publish in the leading newspaper

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/markets/stock-markets/article3734289.ece

They says ongoing investigation cant be revealed but how much years they will take for the investigation,13 months gone by and there is no time frame,due to the ban and ongoing investigation the innocent investors has to suffered an hige loss.

On sept 21, 2011 they ban the company from raising the further equity and the share price has fallen to 0.11 from 0.37 due to the ban,they are not at all protecting the investors though SEBI is setup to protect the investors.

How much will be the total fees for the WRIT in the bombay high court.

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     01 November 2012

Deart Experts,

Please reply...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 November 2012

PIL can be filed by a disinterested person or even by a person slightly inteested in the subject matter being part of a particular class of society.

In case of fundamental rights to be protected against the state body you can file writ petition.  Pleae check if you fundamaental right to livelihood (as a part of right to life) or right to profession of your choice is affected.

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     13 November 2012

I want to file on the SEBI on behalf of 2 lakh shareholders.....

How much will be the total fees lawyer charges?iam from mumbai

Govardhanan (Advocate)     13 November 2012

regarding 1st part of ur question, u can either

(a) file a public interest litigation seeking writ of mandamus to direct the authorities concerned to frame some mechanism(law) which is the need of the hour; or

(b) file a writ petition seeking writ of mandamus to complete the investigation within a stipulated time (subject to the point of Locus Standi)

regarding fee- I have no idea

StockMarket Guru (StockMarket)     16 November 2012

But whichever lawyers goes ahead to file an PIL will become 101% famous man,nobody has done this before in the past.....

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     10 December 2012

experts are right ,   this is not case of pil because

sudhir kumar explained what pil is so go to writ

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 March 2013

yes writ petition is better filed before the High court to speed up the investigation and submit the report in stipulated time frame and the fees will be charged as per the seniority and as per the depth of the case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register