LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suraj s shahapurkar (college)     07 December 2013

Workplace harrassment

One of my relatives,works at Dena Bank as a Clerk. He was recently transferred to an another branch.But from the very first day, the new branch manager is trying to harass him.The manager did not even greet him on the first day.The moment he entered manager\'s cabin, he asked him to work as a cashier. The branch has been maintaining rotation system for the clerks for working in cash.So my relative said he will be working in the cash from the next month as there is rotation system. Hearing this, Branch manager said ugly things to him and asked him to sit outside the branch very insultingly.Again next day he asked same thing.This time since the earlier person in the cash had some problem and requested so my relative accepted the cash key.But all the time none of the staff member tried to talk to my relative. This set him restless and mentally disturbed. Same thing followed next day. And the manager also overloads him with work other than cash as well. This is very disturbing since the manager always tries to dominate. Please Help  and kindly suggest any organisations and their contact numbers  which will help me 

attribution https://www.citehr.com/478171-workplace-harrassment.html#ixzz2mn7mA5H5

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2013

You have not intimated how much servic ehe is having .

You have also not intimated why he has been transfered.

But you are describing that :-

(i) your relative is a stubborn employee who will argue with Manager the day he enters the office,

(ii) He will challenge the authority of manager to assign him the work which manager feels he should do and keep insisting on rotation system.

(iii) So inconsiderate to job and teamspirit that he will not accept cash duty even if the persons doing this duty has an emergency.

(iv) His behavior is such that he is friendless in Branch.

(v) he does not like Manger to have a leading role (which you call dominating).

(vi) He is working in the organisation and now aware of the grievance redressal machinery.

If the management has to run the bank then the unfounded ego of such employees must be broken in the beginning of the career so that at later stage (if at all clearing probation)do not become a problem for management.  The Manger seems to be doing his job perfectly.

The Manager appears to be liberal against him as he may be having a faith that he will be able to correct him at his level.  When your relative refused to accept cash duty (at the very entry in office and even at the time of crisis) then manager should have passed written orders and after formal refusal he should have reported matte to the management  for fixing charge insubordination against your relative and strengthened hands  management to throw him out of service.

You said

“Again next day he asked same thing. This time since the earlier person in the cash had some problem and requested so my relative accepted the cash key.”

You also said

“But all the time none of the staff member tried to talk to my relative.”

How can you expect staff to courteous to a person who does not help a  fellow  in crisis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register