LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasulu Apgvb   26 January 2019

Women rights on property of father and mother

My father in law expired in 2014 and mother in law also expired recently without any will by both of them.

We got married in 1984. Whether my wife is having right over movable (Gold, cash, bank deposits) and immovable property of her parents, as per hindu succession act? She is having two brothers. How much share we can claim?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 January 2019

Do you have details/ evidence of movable properties left behind by your parents-in-law ?

However, your wife has 1/3rd share.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, guidance and proceeding.

Shashi Dhara   26 January 2019

U may claim for bank deposit if they have not with drawn if nominee is named .forget gold &cash .don't dream that uget share with easy if u go to court.i suggest u u simply issue legal notice to them if they show interest then proceed and bargain take some share it may be20or25percent if u insist for equal share they tell go to court if I go to court u don't take even single re in Ur life time.advocate may charge 500to1000rs to issue legal notice.u loose that much money.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 January 2019

Your wife is vested with 1/3rd share in the properties. A nominee is only a trustee on behalf of all the legal heirs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register