Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debasis Chatterjee   22 June 2018

Withdrawal of signature from fake bills which i was forced to certify by my ex-boss & his assiciates

I am working as a central Government officer. I was transferred to remote area KGF in an unjustified manner and after I joined my ne Head quarter I was harassed by my Ex boss, forced to serve drinks in parties and sign fake bills in presence of my present Director & Senior administrative officer who had given him full support. My boss retired in 30.06.2016. He had a vigilance case against him and Ministry of mines demoted him as his promotion was illegal. he had done many illegal activities during his service including running tuition classes in batches, making fake bills etc. He filed a court case in the last month of his service in bangalore. The present administrative officer knew I had full knowledge of all his illegal activities and he had helped him to get the case in his favour. I had protested and had made this comment that he is supressing the corroupt activities of this officer and helping him, to win the case. My office has issued me a letter to give explanation through this administrative officer who flies from Nagpur to fight this case. He himself had sent me a legal notice to tender him an apology. In the past he has issued me show cause for filing RTI application and issued memo to me for the same for suppressing the corrupt activities of my Ex boss. Can I make RTI application to get necessary evidence against this administrative officer? can I take the help of public prosecutor from Government to reply to his legal notice. The present director is very vindictive and has a malafied intention of harming me. How do I protect myself in this precarious situation? I am isolated and posted alone in KGF. I am sole staff of my office with four contractual security guard one office attendant, one project fellow in temporary position. kindly advice. can i withdraw my signature from all the documents which i was forced to sign?

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 June 2018

Think for a while as to what is the starting point and how things are complicated.   Be cautious and discharge your duties efficiently or switch on the job if you are confident that you deserve a good boss.

Your role is limited to satisfying your bossess in performance of your job and nothing else.

RTI is not a tool to harass bosses, and if the bosses are really corrupt, and if you are so sincere, there are umpteen ways in exposing the corrupt activities through a friend or relative.

The fact is that many of us purchase problems on our own and ruin health and relations ourselves with attitude problems.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     23 June 2018

Please think for a while as it seems that your posting is a type of punishment, though not in real terms. Filing of RTI will not help at all as the PIO may pass the pillow to some other 'indulging you too in pass of the pillow game'. The solution is to first complete the service period coolly and concertrate on your work, be it less attractive or not! Don't concertrate on your vidicated Director as I believe time will heal all these events and target towards you will go linient.

Reply to the legal notice reasonably and do not use any allegation language that it comes boomerang to you. Please take the help of an Advocate in this regard. 

Aside, it seems that the problem is not legal but personnel. Therefore it is my suggestion to please if possible post this in the CiteHR community as there are may high profiles who will come for your ready relief. Please do not take decision in the heat of moment because they want to provoke you which you should understand.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2018

can you explain problem in few words.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 May 2019

Originally posted by : Debasis Chatterjee
I am working as a central Government officer. I was transferred to remote area KGF in an unjustified manner and after I joined my ne Head quarter I was harassed by my Ex boss, forced to serve drinks in parties and sign fake bills in presence of my present Director & Senior administrative officer who had given him full support. My boss retired in 30.06.2016. He had a vigilance case against him and Ministry of mines demoted him as his promotion was illegal. he had done many illegal activities during his service including running tuition classes in batches, making fake bills etc. He filed a court case in the last month of his service in bangalore. The present administrative officer knew I had full knowledge of all his illegal activities and he had helped him to get the case in his favour. I had protested and had made this comment that he is supressing the corroupt activities of this officer and helping him, to win the case. My office has issued me a letter to give explanation through this administrative officer who flies from Nagpur to fight this case. He himself had sent me a legal notice to tender him an apology. In the past he has issued me show cause for filing RTI application and issued memo to me for the same for suppressing the corrupt activities of my Ex boss. Can I make RTI application to get necessary evidence against this administrative officer? can I take the help of public prosecutor from Government to reply to his legal notice. The present director is very vindictive and has a malafied intention of harming me. How do I protect myself in this precarious situation? I am isolated and posted alone in KGF. I am sole staff of my office with four contractual security guard one office attendant, one project fellow in temporary position. kindly advice. can i withdraw my signature from all the documents which i was forced to sign?

"can i withdraw my signature from all the documents which i was forced to sign?"

You can do this.  If you do this then you are giving sufficient material for you being dismissed from service withou any benefits.

"Can I make RTI application to get necessary evidence against this administrative officer?"

YES YOU CAN AND NONE CAN SEEK YOUR EXPLANATION FOR THIS.

"can I take the help of public prosecutor from Government to reply to his legal notice."

NOT AT ALL.

"He had a vigilance case against him and Ministry of mines demoted him as his promotion was illegal."

You are yourself confused.  Demotional from illegal promotion has nothing to do with vigilance case.  It is administrative action rather vigilance case could be against those who helped him to get promoted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register