LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nakul (law student)     09 February 2014

Withdrawal of fir

i have a query that when i lost by motorcycle from my building compound in the month of november 2013 and i registered a complaint of theft on the very day but after few months i found my bike in the traffic police station , now when i asked the police where i registered the f.i.r. they say that the bike can be released by the court only and he even tried to intimidate me that they might put up a case against me for registering false f.i.r. and when i went to traffic police they said just to bring release order of the senior police office if that police station where fir is registered because the theft was not committed, and what i think that fir doesnt stand because the crime was not committed .

now what is the way out of the chaos????? please help

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 February 2014

It is your duty to inform the information of vehicle to the concern police station where you FIR  is registered. The police officer takes action accordingly.

Toni S. Sachdevani (Lawyer / Advocate)     09 February 2014

It is a mistake of fact. Police can close matter by filing MF Report (Mistake of Fact) before concerned magistrate. You need not to worry. You had no reason to file false F.I.R..

nakul (law student)     09 February 2014

@ mr.ramcharya thank for the reply but i have informed the police station about the vehicle information found at traffic police . but they say that they will 1st take the report from traffic police and then they will take action accordingly. and i think there is no question of false f.i.r, because i have made f.i.r. world at large and not against particular person. and thank u mr. toni for the reply if there something more to know for me i would like to know . 

thanx a ton 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register