LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sundeep Bhagwath (Professor)     23 October 2012

Wish to sell plot on poa

I purchased a plot of land in Karnataka a couple of years back. As i was staying abroad, I gave the PoA to my father-in-law with respect to sale purchase etc. I have now returned back and a customer is ready to buy the said plot. Can I sell it through the registered PoA? Will it be a valid legal transaction?

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     23 October 2012

You can sell it either through your father in law (empowered by the registered POA) or yourself as well. 

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     23 October 2012

I agree with Bharat....

Raj (Manager)     04 November 2012

Hi , Iam Raj from hyderabad. my uncle and dad has  a GP to sell a plot. my dad expired. this has a registered number of notary public. when we approached the registration office to sell this plot to one of the buyer , they say this GP has to be validated and registered to sell the land. do we really have to get it registered as it is already a notary public.

if it has to be registered do we need both land holders and my uncle . both of them has health issues and can't move out of the house.please advice.

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     05 November 2012

Dea Raj,

All land transactions have to be done through a properly stamped and registered documents. A GP even if it is notarised is insuffcient. A GP does not change the ownership of the land.

You will have to get the document registered and sicne your father is no more, the agreement can be signed by your uncle and yourself as a legal heir (assuming there are no other legal heirs). for elderly and persons incapable of coming to the registrars office, you may request special registration procedure (where registration is done at home) if it is available at your local Registrar.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register