LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arshad Hossain (Managing Director / Proprietor)     16 February 2014

Will by father

Please advise me the legal procedure in regards to  will in respect of G+ 4 Storied Building  as per law of Islam with an option to obtain probate of the given will  made by my father in the name of my elder brother's wife name @ 33% and all other co-sharer shall get the remaining share. does this will is legal in the eye of law? does the Islamic will require to probate.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 February 2014

The operative of Will not be possible during the life time of its testator, so please state whether he is alive or not?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2014

According to the Mohamedan Law, it places a two fold limitation on the testamentary capacity of the testator.  According to this law, a bequest to an heir is invalid unless the other heirs consent thereto after the death of the testator.  The heir who consents to his share exceeding the legal third will be bound by his consent.

The Mohamedan law does not prescribe any particular form of making a will. A valid will can be made both orally and in writing.  As writing is not essential, a will does not require to be signed or attested. The object of the will must be legal.  It does not requires to be probated.  there are little differences in Shia law and Sunni law on the subject.  But the major aspects mentioned above remain same except in Shia law, the consent of legal heirs to a bequest exceeding the legal third may be given either before or after the death of the testator, under Sunni law, it can be only be given after the death of the testator.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register