Will Registration

I had written will of my father but it couldn't be registered and my father is no more. Does this unregistered will has any legal value. Can it be registered now if so then whats the way. Please help and clear

LEGAL

A will must be signed by the testator and witnesses also must sign,no need to register ;

Will can be written on plain paper. No need to register it. It has to wittness while signed by testator.

What do you mean by you yourself had written your father's will ???

Total likes : 1 times

Scientist/Engineer

What do you mean by saying that you wrote the will of your father? Did you write the will in your handwriting or did you draft the will? Was it signed by your father? Has anyone else signrd as witnesses?  A will must be signed by the testator and must be signed by two witnesses. There is no stamp duty for unregistered will and an unregistered will with attestation by two witnesses is also valid. In the cities of Mumbai, Kolkatta and Chennai, a probate has to be taken on the will after the death of the testator. The witnesses may be called before the magistrate to testify. A Probate will attract stamp duty.

w

no it is written by a deed writer signed by my father and two witness but before we could register it my father pass away. I need suggestion to get this will register now

LEGAL

No need to registser ....your will is perfectly done..Get that probated and implemented,

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu