Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amruta (SSE)     07 February 2011

Will Name Change Affidavit suffice Signature Change ?

Hello,

I have changed my name from 'A' to 'B' and got the affidavit done for the change of name and I have published the change of name in two newspapers (English and Kannada).

However, i got this done from Notary but not through Magistrate.  Moreover, I dint mention the change of signature to 'B' in the affidavit and the signature on the affidavit is for the former name 'A'.

I would like to apply for change of name and signature on PAN card and Driving License.

Is it required to make another affidavit for change of signature ? or Can I just submit the affidavit for change of name, in addition to a letter stating the change of signature, when I go for name and sign change on PAN ?

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot.

Learning

4 Replies

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     08 February 2011

Hi Amruth,

Your totatlly in wrong side.

If you would have got signature from Magesitrate then your case would have got strong case.

You cannot simply canhge your name and get it changed in Govt documents unless and untill decrred by Civil Court.

If you want to change your name on Govt Iddentity Cards like PAN CARD AND DRVING LICENCES. You must send a notice to the govt under 80 of CPC thereafter you must file Original Suit (O.S.) for change of your name and should give valid reasons that why you wise to change your name.

Unless and untill civil court order to change of your name you cannot change your name from A to B even signature also.

I know lot of people are there to do this task without this, failing affodavit ans geeting change name is very easy for time being, tommrow if anything happens, then Govt will ask for proof or civil court order for chang of your name, but they wont rely on your affidavit and paper publication.

I had very good experance on the same issue.

2 Like

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     08 February 2011

yes i agree with mr

BASAVARAJ.R

1 Like

vijayalaxmi (law student)     09 February 2011

HII

just changing name will be run only in smaller cases it is more convinient to get registered it in related countries govt. gazzate and they will provide you the copies of it and with affidavit and that copy you can make changes in ur pan card and driving licence.

1 Like

Amruta (SSE)     11 March 2011

Hi Basavaraj,

Thanks for the information. 

Could you please let me know the procedure for filing original suit ?

Alternately, Can I just get the affidavit sealed from Magistrate and publish name change in Govt. Gazette instead of filing the suit ?

Thanks & Regards,

Amruta.

Originally posted by :Amruta

"
Hello,

I have changed my name from 'A' to 'B' and got the affidavit done for the change of name and I have published the change of name in two newspapers (English and Kannada).

However, i got this done from Notary but not through Magistrate.  Moreover, I dint mention the change of signature to 'B' in the affidavit and the signature on the affidavit is for the former name 'A'.

I would like to apply for change of name and signature on PAN card and Driving License.

Is it required to make another affidavit for change of signature ? or Can I just submit the affidavit for change of name, in addition to a letter stating the change of signature, when I go for name and sign change on PAN ?

Please suggest.

Thanks a lot.
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register