LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gur Pritpal Singh   03 March 2018

Will Making

Can I make Will on a property purchased on my wife's and daughter's name, my wife being the first name?

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 March 2018

How can you make Will for the property which was purchased in the name of your wife and daughter? You can make Will for the property that stands in your name not in the name of others even if those persons are your close relatives. Will is a legal document not just a piece of paper that anyone can scribble something and present it for probation after the death of the person in who's name it was made and the very first objection raised is that it was not made and signed by the person for whom Will was drafted and in who's name property exists.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2018

The owner/title holder can dispose his/her estate/property in his life time by a valid/registered deed in his/her life time in anyone’s favor…..

The testator cannot bequeath estate/property by WILL whose title in not his/her name…

Since the said property’s title in name of  your spouses and daughter you cannot dispose IT by your WILL………..

Such WILL cannot have any legal force..

The WILL is legal document and has to satisfy the provisions of law and according to personal law that applies in case of testator e.g; Hindu….

On what basis you felt that you can dispose said property’s whose title in name of your spouses and daughter?

You may post the facts and details!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register