LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit   25 July 2019

Wife was pregnant with her boyfriend but tried to say its my

I am an Indian male (Hindu). My wife (An american citizen) got pregnant with her boyfriend in US. Once she came to know that she conceived, she tried everything to initially tell me it's my baby and later, when I asked her to go for abortion, she give me extreme mental trauma telling me I'm heartless and want to kill her baby.
Later when I finally didn't bend as per her needs, she came back and said it was a pseudo pregnancy. In reality she got abortion done.
She has all these confessions done while chatting on an Instagram chat. This chat she had with me (under a different identity) and wasn't aware that she is revealing all this to her husband.

I want to know that as per Indian law can i file a case against her (apart from divorce) for this attempt to cheat me and later causing mental trauma? Please advice.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     25 July 2019

In case you can manage abortion details(documents) then you have strong ground for divorce.

amit   25 July 2019

Thank you for the swift reply.

My question isnt about divorce. She made an attempt to cheat me by telling im the biological father whereas she was aware the biological child is her boyfriend. This was clearly an attempt to cheat with financial gains in mind.

Also during the whole process she did cause severe mental trauma too.

Can i file a case against her for this attempt to cheat with false information?

TGK REDDI   26 July 2019

The legal meaning of cheating is not the one you feel.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 July 2019

Focus on finding a final remedy, and stop such revenge or harassment tricks, as the ultimate for any action is mental peace.  Why do you want to drag the issue and crying over split milk   Remember in this process of legal action, you have to equally suffer and the sympathy factor is always with wife only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register