Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

advocate   09 July 2015

Wife's caste in ID and documents

Dear All,

My wife's name before marriage was Renu Sharma. We got married in 2008 and after marriage we apply and obtain her Driving license, Aadhar card with our caste as Renu Malhotra. 

Then In 2010 she applied for government job. In the application form she had to mention exact name as appear on the certificates and degrees. so she applied for job as Renu Sharma. She got selected for government teacher job and in all his service records i.e school, education department her name is Renu Sharma. her name can't be change in her job and education department in future. 

Now we are very confused with her name as her degrees and job is with the name of Renu Sharma and her DL and Aadhar Card is with name Renu Malhotra. Now we have to apply her passport. 

Can anyone please suggest how to proceed for her name in documents so that we dont face any problem with her name in future.

Also, we have to apply her passport with which name Renu Sharma or Renu Malhotra.

Please suggest

Regards,

Anuj Malhotra

Learning

5 Replies

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     10 July 2015

hi 

1)  basic idea or the need for the CHANGE OF NAME is for:
   Change your surname – Mostly for women after marriage.
·For all the above purposes there are TWO ways to do:
i.  An Affidavit cum Declaration that you were known as so and so and you wish to be henceforth known as so and so or there is change in the name etc etc.

(Procedure is listed below – Kindly continue reading)

ii. Getting the change published in Gazatte issued by Government Press in the respective city.
(Ask for details in respective city and will provide address)

I.       FOR THE FIRST PROCEDURE – AFFIDAVIT:

i.        The same needs to be on Rs. 100/- stamp Paper.
ii.       Get it typed on computer and print in on the Stamp Paper. No need of any fancy LEGAL writing on the same. (If need will supply the format – Kindly put in a request)
iii.              You will then need to get the same NOTARISED before a Notary. Don’t Pay more then Rs. 50 – Rs. 75/- to Notary.
iv.                Also make Two – Three copies of Original and get the same ATTESTED by the Notary. Rs. 10/- per copy is the normal charges.

II.      FOR THE SECOND PROCEDURE – GAZATTE PUBLICATION:

i.        Get a simple form made available by Government Press.
There are Two type of form one is URGENT (YELLOW colour) – (Within 2-3 Weeks publication) another is NORMAL (WHITE colour) – (Within 6-8 Weeks publication)
ii.                 You will need to fill up a form which is made available free of cost at the Government Press of your city.
iii.              In the said form you need to fill in the details as required – like your old name, new name, old signature, new signature and address.
iv.                There are no documents which are required to be submitted along with the form.
 basic idea or the need for the CHANGE OF NAME is for:
·                    Change your name to NEW name
·                    Change your father's name or remove your father name
·                    Change your surname – Mostly for women after marriage.
·                    Change in Spelling
·                    Cut short your long name to Short Name
·                    Change in date of birth

For all the above purposes there are TWO ways to do:
i.        An Affidavit cum Declaration that you were known as so and so and you wish to be henceforth known as so and so or there is change in the name etc etc.
(Procedure is listed below – Kindly continue reading)

ii.       Getting the change published in Gazatte issued by Government Press in the respective city.
(Ask for details in respective city and will provide address)

I.       FOR THE FIRST PROCEDURE – AFFIDAVIT:

i.        The same needs to be on Rs. 100/- stamp Paper.
ii.       Get it typed on computer and print in on the Stamp Paper. No need of any fancy LEGAL writing on the same. (If need will supply the format – Kindly put in a request)
iii.              You will then need to get the same NOTARISED before a Notary. Don’t Pay more then Rs. 50 – Rs. 75/- to Notary.
iv.                Also make Two – Three copies of Original and get the same ATTESTED by the Notary. Rs. 10/- per copy is the normal charges.

II.      FOR THE SECOND PROCEDURE – GAZATTE PUBLICATION:

i.        Get a simple form made available by Government Press.
There are Two type of form one is URGENT (YELLOW colour) – (Within 2-3 Weeks publication) another is NORMAL (WHITE colour) – (Within 6-8 Weeks publication)
ii.                 You will need to fill up a form which is made available free of cost at the Government Press of your city.
iii.              In the said form you need to fill in the details as required – like your old name, new name, old signature, new signature and address.
iv.                There are no documents which are required to be submitted along with the form.

rajendrakhatana (AGM Admin/Hr)     10 July 2015

Dear, Its very simple that after marriege wife name should be changed accordingly husband,

you make marrige certificate name will be change atometically and marriage certificate are registered and authenticate documents that all

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2015

a femalr govt servant has to just declare on plain paper for change of surname due to marriage/divorce and all records are changed.

the query on the passport is procedural andnot legal.  better meet PP office.  She is not the first or last such lady  applying for passport.

Originally posted by : rajendrakhatana
Dear, Its very simple that after marriege wife name should be changed accordingly husband,

you make marrige certificate name will be change atometically and marriage certificate are registered and authenticate documents that all

Not able to agree.  It is not binding for lady to change surname on marriage. SHe can retain both surname also and she can omit to change at all.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register