Answers regarding Queries put by Mango -
1) Is you and your estranged wife is working? If yes, what's the take home income of yours and your wife?
ANS- NO ! she isn't working but has got an MBA degree regarding which we mentioned that she is professionally qualified and taking tutions at home but the Court didn't consider that as we failed to provide supporting evidences. Neither she worked after doing Masters In Management. Rs 7000/- per month is being awarded to her as an IM.
I'm Science Graduate running chemical factory based in Gwalior.
2) Did you contest for Interim Maintenance in high court? If lower court has allowed the decree of Interim Maintenance then get a stop order and contest the same in high court.
ANS- NO ! as I've already spent so much in the case and litigation and more of it challeging Lower Court's Decision will make me spend 8000/- to 10,000/- more. As per my lawyer's opinion this much has to be paid even if I challenge the decison or High Court will make very few changes in the order.
3) In 498a case, how much dowry (total amount) your estranged wife has claimed been given to you. Does anyone of your in-law is in government job?
ANS- My wife claimed that they spent 20 lacs in the wedding out of which 3lac were given to us for purchasing AC, LCD, Bedroom's furniture etc from Gwalior as it would make it difficult for them to purchase from Kanpur and bring to Gwalior. In addition they said in 498 complain that we asked for 10 lacs and a luxury car more which is false.
Yes, My Father-in-law served as an Govt Employee but got retired in 2008.
4) In mediation phase, did your wife has given you any written statement that she also wants divorce from you? Do you have any written statement which says that she wants to be seperated from you?
ANS- YES! In the counselor's report it was written that she wants to separate from me if I return all her belongings and the cash expenses made my her parents in the wediing with the signature of two of us. I claimed that she has taken all the belongings with me and deserted me.
4) Does your lawyer has put any counter case on your estranged wife and her parents i.e. 471, Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 - 12B (giving the dowry)?
ANS- NO ! My lawyer has not put up any such counter case on them.
Please reply !