Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shujahath   15 July 2017

Wife left from matromanial house from last 4 months

Sir/Madam,

I got married on January 2017 as per Musilim Customs. Before marriage i wasn't allowed to speak or meet with the girl in person. Although she was working as a lecturer, her dad told that as per customs boy and girl shouldn't talk before marriage. After Marriage slowly problems started as she began to find fault with me in all things that I should change my job, get house, increase my earnings and stop contacts with my friends. I was resistant to all these issues as i had explained my position clearly to the girl's parents before marriage. From february onwards she started creating big problems from small issues that i was coming home early from work and not working with a job as per my qualification. Since i was doing  joint business with my friend, even she complained that i am coming home late after meeting my friend. I explained clearly that since it was a joint business i have to discuss my business with friend. In March she suddenly said she wanted to join IAS coaching, my dad joined her in an institute and within a week of the class she started complaining that she is feeling stressful and wants to go to a psychiatrist, I suggested a pyschiatrist, suddenly she told she was not willing to come with me. All of a sudden one day his dad wanted to meet my friend , they met and he explained our position cleraly and her dad was convinced about my position and he counselled her. Everything went fine for 2 days and when i touched her suddenly she slapped me and when i told this to her dad, he said she would have done it by accident. After a few days she said she was having stomach cramps and wanted to go to a doctor. I took her to the doctor where she told me to wait outside as its a women's issue. I waited outside and the very next day she told her dad to come and pick her up to stay at her home for a week. I told okay and after she reached home i called her after 2 days to enquire of her health and when to pick her back home, suddenly her mom started shouting at me saying ..what have you done to my daughter, her condition is severe due to some blood deficiency, when i asked her mom whats her health issue she wasn't telling anything. When i called my wife she told she is tired and whatever from here on you come with your parents and discuss with my parents and i am not interested to come there anymore. After one day she came with her dad and took all her belongings including the jewels i have put and stayed at her parents house for a month. Suddenly after one month her whole family came to my house and created a big commotion saying their daughters life has been spoiled because of me and her daughter is complaining that i am impotent, not taking care of her and i have added some poision which created her health problem and they are demanding that the only way is for me to come to their house and stay with their daughter or give divorce. I told them clearly that i cant come and stay at their house as my entire business will get spoiled due to the location of their resience far away from the city. Now they started complaining that i was having a homos*xual affair with my friend and sharing all my family issues with him. I was shell shocked by the complaint and they used vulgar words against my father. We filed a CSR at a womens police station stating that she has been at her parents house for a month and i want to live with my wife again. their family came with a lawyer and the girl told the inspector that i am impotent and im a homos*xual. I will not live with this person anymore as he and his friend will make me commit suicide. and they filed a CSR. After 4 days i got a call from a musilim organisation saying things can be sorted out by speaking, i however took a medical test and the test was normal and i submitted my report to the head office of that organisation along with the complaint letter, I am suspecting that she is having some psychological problem".. They said they will counsel the matter after ramzan month. I want to live with her again but i dont know whats her exact problem and why her parents are forcing me to live at their house.

Last week, We got a call from that Party Office stating that there will be a counselling session. We attended the counselling session and the party mediator was just listening to what the girl was saying, she was still saying that i am impotent inspite of me submitting the medical certificate, saying i am ready for another medical test and added another issue saying that our parents tortured their parents asking for household items and she is not willing to live with me anymore. They have asked us to come next week for a final hearing on this issue. My question since the girl is not willing to live with me anymore however i am still willing to live with her

1) Can she file a dowry harrassment case against me even if she is living at her parents house for the past 3 months?

2) Is there possibilty of any other complaint she can file against me

3) how should i proceed legally from hereon to get mutual consent divorce. Should i get anything in written from the girls parents in our final meeting which can be helpful for me. Kindly suggest.

Learning

5 Replies

Ms. Usha Hegde (CEO)     15 July 2017

There is all possibility of her filing case on you, your parents and your relatives.  You can take anticipatory bail if you want.

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     16 July 2017

She can filed Section 498-A and DV case against you.  And also S. 125 cr.p.c. maintenance case, even though she is working as lecturer.  If you both are muslims,  go for talaq as per muslim custom after observing iddat period and paying meher.  After getting such scandalous allegations, better not to attempt for conciliation.

A walk alone (-)     16 July 2017

It appears that your wife is not interested to continue relationship. First try to take help of marriage counselor to save relationship. If it fails better go MCD instead of roaming for her. Relationship survive when both partners want. Stop roaming for her. Life is short, love one who loves you, not whom who use you. She can file any case which her lawyer suggest. Instead of wasting time and money in courts better go MCD.

shujahath   17 July 2017

@ Samarpan

Sir, We approached the Jamadh in May 2017 but they told that due to the triple talaq ruling going on in SC, they have been restricted from conducting talaq, their only power now is to give No objection letter after getting divorce from court. Kindly let me know if this ban on conducting Jamadhs have been lifted or not

Imran khan (Job)     19 July 2017

it looks like she is not interested in you. So make your mind to leave. First try to know what they want exactly. if they want to file a case against you, they should have done it till now. Talk to the one who arranged your marriage / through whom you came in contact with this family. Ask them to mediate and resolve the issue (or) meet local qazi and ask him to call them and talk to them. getting divorce from court is the only correct way.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register