Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harrassed (SE)     10 October 2014

Wife has occupied my house and had filed false 498a case

Hello All,

I got married 5 years ago. Since marriage there has been problems between me and my wife. She left my home in bangalore in 4 years ago while she was pregnant. I have filed RCR which was pending for more than 6 months. After the child birth she had file maintenance case and dowry harrassment case. The dowry case was referred to mediation center and the report came in favor of me that no dowry was given during or after the marriage. I have filed for divorce in 2012 since she didn't responded to RCR. After early 2013 my wife and her parents accepted all their mistakes and gave in writing that they will withdraw all the false cases and wouldn't repeat the same in future. In 2013 we reconciled. In 2014 september she had filed another dowry case in different state (karnataka). I have provided all the proofs all the past cases in police station. The case has been referred to mediation. Last couple of times she didn't turn up for the mediation.

I'm set back with my wife's immature behavior. I tried calling her for private counselling. She is not accepting for the same. Now I have to file for divorce. She says that she will not agree for divorce. She has occupied my house and not leaving the house. Last 20 days I'm staying outside my house. She is threatening me with some neighbourhood gundas. All my certificates are missing from home. All the cupboards are broken at my house.

Please advice me in taking further steps.

I have carry atleast clothes and my belongings from my house.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Learning

13 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 October 2014

@ Author,

A legally wedded wife has rights to stay at husband’s home i.e. her shared house till her legal divorce happens which is what Apex Court has said, so she can stay at your house.

2. You can approach jurisdiction police station and lodge a general diary report and seek stamped / signed true copy of missing documents amongst others and seek relief and they may or may not act upon such GD entries which is their provision.

3. You may stay at your own home which is not an issue as it is your rights too and all that you should do before returning back is to file an Urgency case approaching jurisdiction  Executive Magistrate Court under S. 107 CrPC mentioning facts and prayer relief here is 'not to commit a breach of the peace or disturb the public tranquillity' . With such decree in hand you can easily return back to stay put at your own home unless you choose to complain further about it here in the forum.

4. If it helps ATB.

ATB =
All The Best.

[Last reply]

fighting back (exec)     11 October 2014

@TAJOBS.....but is this all the relief he can seek from a potentially dangerous wife,? though she has right to stay in the same house as the husband, but since the divorce case is going on, wont it affect the case as both are staying under the same roof, ? also,will a general diary entry be enough to protect the husband? tommorrow if the wife claims that the husband attacked her when he was inside, wont it be dangerous for the husband to be entangled in a fake case, cant the husband file an appeal in the court for a provision of separate residence for the husband for which he will pay the rent?

harrassed (SE)     11 October 2014

Thanks for your kind advice.

harrassed (SE)     11 October 2014

The local police is asking me to stay separately even though the flat is registered under my name. I'm looking out for a house for rent now.

The EMI is being deducted. Do I need to stop paying EMI? Please advice. What happens if she is creating nuisance even after getting the order from court?

fighting back (exec)     11 October 2014

stopping the emi would backfire on you as it would be seen as you want to drive out your wife from your own house. and also, there is no such order from court that you are barred from entering your own house. the police can advise anything which has no value...but yes..if you take a different view..you can easily attract DV case if you stay together..so better hire a local lawyer and appraise him of the situation. give a detailed explanation, file a case in court for separation as divorce is going on. pray to court that you will make arrangement for the wife of same type on rent.................

henriettarexach (New York City)     12 October 2014

ATTN PLS, am sending my testimony to everyone out there, that is either in my shoe or needs help one way or the other. My names is Henrietta, and i want to share with you all about my relationship breakup back then, which almost lead me to frustration and unhappy life experience. I was married to my ex divorced Husband 2 year and 11 months ago. My husband, I and and our pretty kid was happily living in peace and harmony. But, few months ago my Husband started acting strange to me. Unknown to me, he has been engaging him self online with another woman, which he was keeping from me as a secret. But few weeks ago, i caught him on our computer, mailing this woman. And, when i asked him who she was, he told me that, she was just a friend. The message conversation caught my attention and i decided to go through it. To my surprise, my husband have been dating this woman on my behalf for some period of time. Immediately, after i noticed that, i began to quarrel with him and all he could told me, was that he never loved me, that we should go for a divorce. I thought he was saying it from anger due to the situation at hand as at that moment. Because of the love i had for him, i never wanted to support it, although it happened, i still did not give up on him. I was looking for solution to get him back home. so i went in search on how i can get back my husband. Well, along my search, i saw a testimony of a woman on how Prophet Irabor was able to restore back her marriage home. Immediately, i copied the email address and decided to give a try. After following all the procedures and instructions given to me by Prophet Irabor, within the space of 2 days, my husband gave me a call and started begging me that he was sorry for what has happened between us. And because i love him so much, i quickly responded to him that i have forgiven him and told him to come back home. Me and my husband are now living happy married life again. All respect and honour to you Prophet Irabor, for the Help you have render to me and my family. Sir, i pray God Strengthen you...If you need his help, you can email him on (prophetiraborcharles@hotmail.com)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

The querist is coming out with different form of stories on the same subject in different thread. He seems not following the queries in the same thread making it difficult to maintain continuity in reply. 

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     17 October 2014

In your case and under such circumstances, it is advisable  that you should stay searately on rental basis and do not stop EMI.   However, the maintenance of the house, if there is society, the wife has to pay for it as she is in the possessiion and enjoyment of the house exclusively.   You can also stay over there, but then she will keep on lodging false complaints against you and then ultimately it will result into 498A case, domestic violence case, ven if you get bail, then cancellation of bail.   I do not understand after a gap of 4 years why you reconciled, it was a preplan [not immaturity] by your wife and her family members to trap you and grab your house property.   Now better fight duvorce case

further queries email  

anamika_vichare@ reduffmail.com

Anamika Vichare

Family Court Lawyer

Advisor Purush Hakka Saurakshan Samittee

AS   19 October 2014

I have seen my friend in same situation.

He is divorced now , and this is what he did....

All of sudden , he got a letter from office that he has to move to mumbai on immediate basis.

He moved to Mumbai , and from there he informed her wife that he is there for 15-20 basis , then he got himself transferred to mumbai.

Rented house was captured by wife and FIL,MIL, BIL. he kept on paying rent and elec + water bill via a house owner.Then  after some time he hit upon a plan. He stopped paying society bill + elec and water bill.

He started sending some money to FIL house by money order on wife name. Wife moved to her father place and collected money by money order.

Now he went to his own house and moved the entire house to Mumbai and handed over house keys to Owner, since he was transferred to mumbai.

Then he informed wife that he is flying to USA and will not come back , via a friend.

Wife immediately shown her true color and filled false DV and 498a. 

Finally cases get settled and her got MCD.

:)

May be this kind of information help you .

harrassed (SE)     20 October 2014

Thanks AS for the information.

Yes, I have moved to a rented place now. I came to know that she is paying the maintenance for the flat now. Is there anyway for me to get her out of this flat? Now that she had got rowdies into the picture, I'm planning not to get back to the house even after the divorce. The EMI is really hefty and I may not be able to withstand paying EMI and house rent for a long time. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

AS   20 October 2014

if you stop paying emi then ...:) showing your incapable to pay emi due to financial crunch.

Obviously , bank will takeover the house :) , yes you will loose some amount for sure.

harrassed (SE)     20 October 2014

When I contacted the bank, bank has informed that they will file a case against me which will attract more issues on me. She is so stubborn in not leaving my flat. She is staying with her mom. I'm still outside the flat in a rented house.

harrassed (SE)     26 October 2014

I have been hearing about injunction petition. Could someone make me aware of this? The house is registered in my and my mother's name.  Can I file any injunction case? Please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register