Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   06 December 2016

Wife evidence in 498a/406

Dear Sir,

For my 498a/406, Final Report has been submitted by police and trial is about to be started. I have the following questions:

1. In police station besides FIR, streedhan list has been submitted by wife and mother in law and brother in law statements has been submitted. No evidence has been submitted. 

My question is wife allowed to submit further evidences after Final Report has been submitted by police after investigation. If yes, at what stage she may submit further evidences. Can we put argument to not allow her to submit further evidences after Final Report has been submitted.

2. If we have to put our obejection on witness, when is the right time to put the same. At the time when she is actually giving her witness or during cross?

3. What the sequence of Evidence. Will the witness give their evidence and than all the witness will be crossed or witness will give evidence and be crossed one by one. In second case later witness will be prepared for the questions being asked.

4. At the time of cross if we want to resgister an evidence, should we have original document or photo state will also work?

5. Can wife submit further evidence after her side evidence is closed?

Best Regards,
Ramesh

Learning

1 Replies

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     06 December 2016

Find answers below:

In police station besides FIR, streedhan list has been submitted by wife and mother in law and brother in law statements has been submitted. No evidence has been submitted. 

This will turn into evidence at Evidence stage in Trial.Besided she IS allowed to lead additional evidence, at Evidence stage in Trial.

You can Cross/Questions every stage at the time of Cross-Examination.

If you want to file document, Original is required. 

Yes, she can still file additional evidence EVEN her evidence is close with the permission of court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register