Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal (Head- Operations)     14 April 2014

Wife cheated, left home, divorce filed-exparte decree awarde

Dear Learned Members, 

I married in Feb'2004, in 2007 (love marriage), a male child was born (currently aged 6.5 years). Wife had an extramarital affair which was discovered in May'2012. Post which ample opportunities were given to her to come back into the family fold but she turned defiant of her actions. In Dec'12 I suggested separation to her, the next day she attempted suicide to threaten me. All this while she was in touch with her boyfriend. I have proofs: mobile bills for almost 1 year showing calls to her boyfriend, a phone which I confiscated 10 months after I got to know about the affair containing special names for her boyfriend along with messages. A call recording where she has clearly confessed her love for her boyfriend.

21 Mar'13, she picked up the child from school and ran off to an undisclosed location, all efforts to track her and calls to police were of no help. 26 Mar'13, I filed a divorce case in gurgaon family court. 28 mar'13, I get a call from women cell gurgaon with instructions to appear in person on 29 Mar'13. I complied, and couselling happened where I categorically refused staying with her. 

5th April 2013, she left the child with me saying you take care of him, the court was duly informed about the same. got my son admitted to the school.

First hearing in my case happened on 17 May'13, she did not appear, court awarded exparte with next hearing 6 months later on 30 Nov'13. Her harassments continued via false complaints and every complaint had a different angle to it. Dowry, domestic violence and I have thrown her out of the house etc. etc.

30 Nov'13 - evidence submitted subsequently exparte divorce awarded on 2 Dec'13. 

23 Dec'13- She filed an appeal to set aside the order. 18 Mar'14 - I refused to stay with her, matter referred to mediation centre. 3 sittings - no solution. My lawyer and her lawyer sat to find a solution, she asked for 1 BHK flat or 20 lacs. 

12 Apr'14- Lok adalat- the family court judge who awarded the decree has been transferred. New lady judge started the conversation by asking me, "how much have I paid my wife? I was taken aback. 2 HC judges came on round, sat and dismissed the exparte decree saying, "purani baatein bhool jao, sab theek ho jayega." my lawyer also did not refute and forced me to agree on weekly overnight stay for my son with his mother.

I am totally confused as to how should I proceed now :

a. My son is completely against meeting his mother. the trauma of his mother running away with him and the child being witness to the so called love between love birds has had enough impact on him. Further he is not loved or cared for by his mother. How can I avoid it or reduce the overnight stay to few hours a day??

b. My lawyer says you will still get a divorce but the separation has to be 2 years out of which 13 months have gone, 11 months remaining during which the devil is not going to leave any stone unturned to force her entry into my house which I dont' want. What should I do, please help.

Kindly help and advise, it's a matter of life for my little son and myself.

Regards,

Vishal

Learning

9 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     14 April 2014

hi, If you have evidence of extramarital affairs of your wife then you have better case for Divorce.whether expartee decree is set aside by High court and matter is remanded to family court?. If it is remanded, then you must proceed with the Divorce petition, you may get justice in family court.

great india (manager)     14 April 2014

It seems wife is interested in money. Esp. Now when she is used n thrown by her boyfriend. You have a option of defending her cases and using the clause of filing false cases as mental cruelties. If proof of adultery strict then you'll get divorce. She still can get child visitation and alimony by some section or the other. Don't show hurry of divorce. Relax and let things go slow. They'll settle for mcd if you act smartly. You behave dormant and emotionless. Let her get fd up you divorce was set a side jus for greed of money.

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     14 April 2014

Keep cool think if u don't want to stay wid yr wife no court can bound u. As far as custody is concerned in yr case it will remain wid u as mother is careless. For more u can call me 09910657998 mahavir singh advocate.

Rahul (Plant Executive)     14 April 2014

@Author, first look for your child custody. Collect enough evidence in order to prove her carelessness nature and put your kid with your mother and father. Rest cool and fight the cases very patiently and tactfully. Dont be and never ever be in hurry for Divorce. Instead you torture her to get divorce from you. You have your kid with you so enjoy your life. Dont even respond her at all at all means at all. She will definitely realize her mistakes once a time.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2014

In my opinion first you change your lawyer who is not in your favor. You cannot expect him to contest all your cases with full zeal and in a proper way.    Do not budge to her pressure of any type, contest all her false cases with full vigor, if the exparte has been set aside, prepare grounds for prosecuting it more strongly, you can claim custody of your child quoting her adulterous life in the past.

Vishal (Head- Operations)     15 April 2014

Thank you for the responses and guidance to all learned members.

Few things;

a. My parents are no more, am alone and no relatives on my family's side whatsoever. She's been trying to use this to her advantage with a view of, "akela hai, kitna ladega."

b. She asked for 1 BHK flat or 20 lacs or divorce with child custody to her or custody with me and no divorce. She gets visitation rights anyways. (don't have that kind of money to give her, fighting it out alone on a modest salary for a better future of my son. my life is half gone, the rest half I want to devote to upbring my son)

c. Visitation rights awarded to her is overnight while my son is not at all ready to even meet her forget spending the night with her. How can we reduce it to few hours weekly or bi weekly?

d. She in my opinion will use my son to coax him to favor her and influence him to tell me/court to take her back. which is going to be detrimental for the child he's too young for all this mental harassment.

e. Finding a decent lawyer with some integrity atleast is a challenge in gurgaon, if all learned members can suggest someone I will be more than greatful for the same.

Regards,

Vishal

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 April 2014

just from the bar association you would get some good local advocates 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 April 2014

have you produced the evidence you gathered to the court or not 

if the evidence is with you do not give originals to your lawyer, give him only xerox

Vishal (Head- Operations)     26 April 2014

Hello All Members, 

Finally I changed by Lawyer. It has also been found that the setting aside of a final exparte judgment was flawed since it should have been done in High Court rather than Lok Adalat or family court. Now as per my lawyers advise, we are moving HC to dismiss the decision of Lok Adalat on 12 Apr'14.

Also my primary petition seeking divorce has been restored by Family Court.

I did not take my son to the court for the visitation rights since the order was flawed and the next date of hearing given by the family court is 11 Jul'14.

Want to seek your opinions on these steps. Any thing I might have missed or should be done to safeguard my son

Kindly advise and oblige.

Regards,

Vishal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register