LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gagan (architect)     17 January 2015

Wife cheated before marriage

I was married to my wife on 10th dec 2013, it was a arranged marriage and during my courtship period, me and my wife had a very formal relationship. We met only twice during that period. She was working in a MNC in mumbai before leaving her job to get married to me. I have my own business set up and live with my parents and my wife joined us after marriage. Ever since we agreed to marry each other my wife had hardly shown any interest in me. We would hardly speak to each other, I also raised this issue to her family and my parents too. But I thought as she is working she might be busy. It was to my shock one day when I was with her for our honeymoon in Mauritius that i discovered messages from her boyfriend in her mobile. I questioned her about things that were hidden from me. She claimed that she and her office colleague were just good friends. However I forgave her as I didnt know what exactly truth was.
It was only on 17th January(37 days after our marriage) that I found out disturbing pics of her and her boyfriend in her mobile. Those images were clicked during our courtship period. Situation got worse as we had a fight on our building terrace where I went off balance. It took four months for me to recover. I had once again forgiven my beloved wife. But she went back to her family in june. Not yeilding to my continuous efforts to bring her back, she now wants divorce. My family also tried their best to unite us. But since its not working as the lady doesnt want to, we have agreed to file a mutual divorce. I have read all the rules and regulations for mutual divorce. 
All I want to ask is that is cheating with your partner during courtship period an offence and how do I prove that I was not aware of my wife not being a virgin before marriage. 
Also I believe my wife is the soul reason for my physical misery, so what can I do to blame / claim (if any possible).

Learning

3 Replies

naveen arya (member)     17 January 2015

Collect proof, by calling her and recording the calls. Ask her about all those things which will prove your side very much in your favor.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     17 January 2015

Gentleman, ones you both decided to mutually seperate, be stick on that is good for both. Relation depends on faith and trust.

SuperHero (Manager)     18 January 2015

You may collect evidences by recording in phone and when elders talk. 

For MCD you don’t need any evidences. Just file the case and in 6 months both are free.

As you have opted for MCD. Stick on to that. i.e the best option available, which saves Health and Time, gives you Peace of Mind.

If the case gets contested then you have to roam for many years. Then you will know the misery of roaming to courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register