LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

save Family System (fdf)     01 April 2015

Why wives are rewarded by law for their mistakes

In my case, it has been 8 years of marriage, and wife keeps nagging, pinching, saying immoral things to parents, not respecting them.

In last 8 years of my marriage I did 8000 good things to keep her in best possible way.  But due to her cruel/silly behaviour she said/mistaken/deliberately 1000 things out of I ignored 900 times and rest 100 times we had arguments, and around 8 times that argument turned ugly and converted into mutual physical fight.

Here are those 1000 wrong things in brief:

-She dont listen to me at all in spite of providing her best amenties and supporting system

-She dont regard support system I have created [maid + baby sitter + driver + etc etc]

-She dont regard my parents,  rather many times insulted them

-I have complained her parents , but they dont seem to say any word to their daughter , as I discussed things before parents, they dont say any word, they keep listening silently 

-If asked what is drawback in my support system or finaces or any amenity , no answer

-if asked -tell me anything in last 8 years, or any wrong behaviour, or any wrong saying whcih I invoked and resulted in quarrel-  her mother/father could not tell even one thing.

-She plays dramma every year at least 4 times when we go to our home town, she dont want to stay at my parents home

-We currently staying in NOida as nuclear family- son + wife + me 

My Main question is -  All above forms cruelty of wife,  problem is in spite of all mistakes,  Husband dont have much options and feel insecure due to these two things :-

if heading for divorce -  1)  give maintenece to wife  2) lose your son

Why courts dont force wife to obey husbands? 

Why courts reward wives for their mistakes?

Why courts dont understand if somebody does 8000 good things to you , he has has some rights over that person and can try to persuade her in best possible ways, but my wife never listened, neither listens nor she will listen

And due to her all wrong behaviour if sometimes it converted into mutual physical fight , why DV law ?

Not obeying, not listening, not respecting parents, adamant nature etc , why this does not come under DV?

In my case, wife is at all fault side , as her parents could not tell anyone wrong thing in last 8 year.

The only thing she and her parents makes allegation - of those 8 times mutual fight in whcih wife hit more than husband. Moreover its due to long arguments, complaing her parents on phone.

Actually she dont listen and try her best possible physical efforts so that I cannot make call to her parents to complain about her wrong behaviour-

-hiding mobile

-trying to take mobile away by force

-closing doors 

-deleting contacts

Also she says many provoking statements so that it results in physical fight.

So doing all those activities -  Why all this dont come under DV, please clarify if it all comes and addressed under DV?

Recently she has also started calling my relatives/friends about quarrels etc.

But if asked about any one example of wrong doing /wrong statement / wrong behaviour of husband in last 8 years,neither she nor her parents can tell anyone thing. And moreover her parents dont say anything to her.

I think there has to be a legal body which can force moral teaching to wives.

Why wives being rewarded for all their 1000 mistakes by law.

Husbands are being punished for doing 8000 good things.

What action I can take against her, she once complained against me in NCW, and NCW got conviced by answer in 5 mins on phone, and he said he will talk to my wife, but NCW did not call her.

NCW seems to entertain only wives complain, and dont want to entertain all their cruel behaviour.

I am not able to proceed for legal case because of fear of losing son and money.

Learning

6 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 April 2015

in the same pretext the law will give both a chance to settle the issues amicably and if children all involved take help of mediation and solve the issues 

why do you think the cases of divorce are lagging for years in the court, even court or the system does not want any couple to be separated and there are loop holes to run for years and in some or the other pretext the couple will solve there problems and 

some will withdraw the cases and want to live the life happily by solving such issues without again going to legally

some will use counselling and will rectify there problems amicably and if issues are not settled will take elders not only parents even friends, relatives whose words both parties agrees 

some cases were children are involved and sentiment runs which makes them to think again why not give a chance to there lagging problem 

like this and why not see mutual consent divorce even after consent of both the parties applying jointly for divorce court will give them six months which is nothing but giving them a chance to solve the issue and come after six months only to withdraw the consent for divorce and live happily 

i can understand you patients but even now you are not fully agreed to go legally against your wife were your son is involved even though she has taken extreme level of making complain to your relatives 

save Family System (fdf)     01 April 2015

Thanks Mahesh for good advice,  I will come back to this thread again later.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 April 2015

In India the family is the most important institution that has survived through the ages. India, like most other less industrialized, traditional, eastern societies is a collectivist society that emphasizes family integrity, family loyalty, and family unity. These are the characteristics for formation of family laws. According to these laws courts will act. 

(Guest)
Why are you weighing a relation in terms of cruelty or maintainence demand?a relation is based on trust and love if its not there then only fights happen why dont you try to understand her first then put all these allegations on her why would she abuse your family or will not consider your good things?only giving money or special amenities doesnt satisfy humans emotional needs,why dont you love her &dont give her all these flasshy things then see,she will be more than happy.I understand a girl likes to shop doesnt means she wants money. Have you ever tried to love her unconditionally? Your post seems your love is so conditional. And why do you bring or worry about your parents so much? Why are you ignoring your wife or your family because of parents? If she hates your family have you tried to know why?there must be lot of interference from them. Only giving cars and maid and not love will not be able to keep her. And physical fights are not mutual, the hand lifted by woman are for her safety.And why do you think only about yourself &your son?do you understand how miserable will be her life without a husband shes going to face more challenges than you raising her child all alone for whole life. Why would she had opted for such hard life if you loved her. This is the reason why men stand culprit in court of law. No wife will leave a husband without a strong reason. Shes not an idiot. And if she has left your house already its too late to love her now. Be ready for legal things. And if possible end it in a mutual way.

Rajesh Kumar (NA)     07 April 2015

Dear Ramachary sir & Mr. Rajesh Shah. 

I differ here. In every large or small city/town, the concept of nuclear family is rising. If we go by traditional standards, then family means Joint family. Bothers and parents staying together along with wives and children. The whole concept of family being just wife and kids is not older than 75 or 100 years. So concept of 'family' has not survived through ages. (I cannot be certain, but I believe there is more than 75% probability that all proponents of Indian values on this forum, are staying in nuclear families themselves).  Majority of cases for divorce happen in urban areas, where it seems the biggest issue for women is 'settling/adjusting with boy's family'.  For urban woman, the issues raised are simply of independence in the she wants to run the house as per her choice, and NOT whats best for family (read: joint family).  On one side, the boys are encouraged to take care of their senior citizen retired parents, Ensure comfort for them. And at the same time, ensure his 'family' (read: wife. Kids really don't care much).  As per tradition, In hindu tradition, there is no concept of divorce (even after so may years of passing the law, we still don't have hindi word for it. We use islamic word Talaq.).

And majority of these contested divorces are filed by educated women for flimsy reasons (dreams not being fulfilled by husband), but basically because they are not ready to make compromises for the larger good, which sir, any relationship (be it professional, family, friends or any two people with common goal), requires. They have the ambition of mega and independent lifestyle but no intention of supporting elders of husband. So family values, as defined through ages, are gone for a toss. I don't think any tradition poses a question to man, to choose between his father and his son.  Are we defining tradition that suits us (nuclear family with option for divorce?) in current times?

Many people (including guys) realize after the marriage, that this institution requires more commitment that just romance. Majority of the cases that drag on for years, are mostly elongated because couple is not able to agree on the 'settlement' amount. (here sir, I look to expert, professional opinion as you see many many more cases, then what I have seen). And in many of these, wives are well educated and many times earning themselves. 

In the times when we are talking of equality in status, equality in education, equality in earning opportunities, none of these are taken into consideration, while codifying the law. 

I apologize if this sounds a bit aggressive. Sir, you are doing a good service and helping people here, in their desperate times. But we really need to decide if we want to follow tradition or change with times. This half and half approach, I believe is what's messing not only the families but lives of the people who are stuck in between.

save Family System (fdf)     15 April 2015

Here is my answer to each statement of -

Member (Account Deleted)

finance executive 
[ Scorecard : 21] Thank Contributor :  Send PM

STATEMENT- "Why are you weighing a relation in terms of cruelty or mainteinence demand?"

REPLY-

Because, wife keep repeating her mistakes, what does that implies ?  Let me tell you what is a mistake.

"Mistake is not a mistake until its repeated"

And if somebody keep repeating it, it means things are done intensionally.  A husband lose his family as well as hard earned money due to maintanece, and because he gets nothing at end, he is being cheated by wrong laws made  which are gender biased completely.  

See problem comes into relationship when wifes are more attached to their parents,  they feel happy if their relationship breaks, and they go back to their parents home with freely earned money,  they getting -  Kid + Money + Their Most Loved Parents,  husband lose all of this in spite of keeping [investment] wife in best possible ways for years.

Why I wrote [investment] in bracket,  because when somebody does something good, its a kind of investment for whcih he also deseves return , not now but at least in future.

STATEMENT- "a relation is based on trust and love if its not there then only fights happen why dont you try to understand her first then put all these allegations on her why would she abuse your family or will not consider your good things?only giving money or special amenities doesnt satisfy humans emotional needs,why dont you love her &dont give her all these flasshy things then see,she will be more than happy."

REPLY-

A relationship is based on trust I agree, but do you agree both parties must understand this and not only husband ?  She does not communicate much to me, on daily basis in a 24 hour she has at most 8 statements to me,  even if I try to speak she keeps ignoring.  On daily basis she talks to her mother, brother, father, sister  for 2 hours and involve with them only.

There is nothing to understand if she keep doing silly mistakes, says pinching statements, breaks normal hindu family traditions,  Why she would abuse ???   She is programmed to abuse.

In last 8 years of marriage, neither my mother, nor my sister/ brother did or say anything bad to her, in fact there is very small communication.  She never calls them , and if my mother or sister calls her, she dont pick phone.  Dont you think she is programmed to hate in laws ???

I think you pointed correct problem here, I love her thats why she is getting all proper attention, flassh things, its not flasshy things first whcih makes me love her,  its my respect and love which derives me to give flasshy things.

Problem these days is, wives are getting all required support easily but they dont regard support system, just nagging, blaming, doing silly things, saying pinching things.

And please All these things- LOve, respect, etc must be both sided.

Have u ever seen beggars having 3-4 children who live their life near road side ?  Thats true her mother or father loves children, but that does not implies they giving their children good care, amenties, education, medicines etcetc .....so good things must always be appreceiated.  Please dont take support system for granted.

In todays world specially to satisfy emotional needs, you must have money and amenties, Pls be realistic.

STATEMENT-Have you ever tried to love her unconditionally? Your post seems your love is so conditional. And why do you bring or worry about your parents so much? Why are you ignoring your wife or your family because of parents?

REPLY-

Above questions are for both parties Husband and Wife,  My answer is yes.   I think girls these days are more attratced towards glamour, money, etc...so think its not conditional.

My post seems conditional to you,  because you never seems to face any bad conditions.  There are many things whcih I compromised to earn good livings, and if that cannot be regared what u get at end, a feeling of cheating only. All good things dont come free, your statements reflect you are blue blooded and got most of the things in your life for free.

STATEMENT-"And why do you bring or worry about your parents so much? Why are you ignoring your wife or your family because of parents?"

REPLY-

I worry about them in a normal way and my involvement with them is 2 times per week,  and my wife does it 4 times per day, so you can see who is more worried and involve,  Wife try their best these days to prevent husbands to do good things to their parents.

STATEMENT-If she hates your family have you tried to know why?there must be lot of interference from them.

She hates my family because her mother hated her father family, so she is programmed to hate in laws.  I live in Noida with wife and SOn only , there is no interference.  Infact my mother has stopped coming , hardly comes in a year for 1 week or 10 days.  She dont pick my mother or sister phone calls, and never calls them,  RATHER she is OVER INVOLVED with her parents. as on daily basis she talks with mother, brother, sister, father.  SO Interference is from Wifes family not husbands family.

STATEMENT-  Only giving cars and maid and not love will not be able to keep her.

REPLY-  WHAT makes life happy ?   Roti + Kapda + Makaan ,  old saying right ?  Reality is , this is not enough. Let me tell in detail what makes life happy

MONEY whcih brings 80% of thngs in your life -  [Food + House + Education + Medicine + Good Clothes  + Good Living Standard  + Movies + Eating food at good restaurants + MObile + Electricity  +  RO Water  + Gifts + +++++++++++++++++++++++]

REST 20% things are [Love + Respect + care + Understanding]  are all mutual things.

Nobody can get 100% in life and become perfect but there has to be some threshhold % which gives satisfaction to human being.

So In above I am giving her 80% + (20/2) = 80 +10 =90% thigs. As wife she has also cerain responsibilities to give me back.  I am not her father who can tolerate everything, I also need return whcih is Marriage contract.

STATEMENT-  And physical fights are not mutual, the hand lifted by woman are for her safety.

REPLY- Above statement is completey wrong, hand lifted by women can be for killing also.  Dont compare husbands with terrorist, compare them with care takers , fathers , if a father slaps her daughter, is their any law for this , is this DV ?

As I said , if yiu givig someone 90% things of life, you have some right over her,  you desrve her respect and obedience.

STATEMENT-  And why do you think only about yourself &your son?do you understand how miserable will be her life without a husband shes going to face more challenges than you raising her child all alone for whole life.

REPLY-  Her parents and she hersely everytime says that even if it results in divorce they can take care of her.  What does that mean ...if divorce happens...

She gets bonus -    [ Maintenence +  Kid +  Lving with her beloved parents ], days are are gone when Socities were not accepting divorced women.

And I am not the man who will refrain from her responsibilities , I think I can take care of my son better than my wife.

STATEMENT - "And why do you think only about yourself &your son?do you understand how miserable will be her life without a husband shes going to face more challenges than you raising her child all alone for whole life.""

You talked about challenges huh,  if there are real challenges for her survival, such wife wont ever fight with her husband who is giving every possible thing whcih a good husband should give.   Problem is  girls parents , and gender biased laws has created support system for wifes to prove their ego and nothing else.   I can challenge, if a wife is there whose parents cant afford her and there is no law to support her, she will automatically be incliened to her husband.

I never want to leave my child on her, as I know she cannot give anything to her except filling him with hatred against husband.

For a good living, Love is not the only things which fulfill all your need, its just 10% of your life, what do u suggest?

STATEMENT-  This is the reason why men stand culprit in court of law.

REPLY- In India as per data of courts - 78% of the case are falsely implicated by wives.

STATEMENT-  No wife will leave a husband without a strong reason.

REPLY-   ONLY REASON is when wifes fail to control their husbands, "UNGLI pe NACHANA"     is the Strongest REASON.  Because they try to control husbands and fail to do so.  And use laws as weapon to prove their ego and nothing.

STATEMMENT-  Shes not an idiot. And if she has left your house already its too late to love her now. Be ready for legal things. And if possible end it in a mutual way.

REPLY-  She left my house in City, and went to hometown at her parents and then when son school started , sent me an SMS to send car to pick her up t come back to zcity again, What do you think now >?  is she idiot ?? and she came back  I am not afraid of any legal things  I know-  "Satya Mav Jayte"  

Problem is I understand kid needs both father and mother, though husband and wife may not need each other.  WHich is where the glitch is.

I only wants law to teach moral lesson to girls what is correct and what is wrong, problem is wife keep nagging, pinching, doing worng things and in last Law rewards them with gender biased laws, reverse dowry = maintenence.

If Similar to Mahila Aayog, there can be leagl Moral courts , whcih can tell wifes and force them to obey good husbands , families will survive for long.

Hope this clarifies you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register