Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suryadhakray   20 July 2015

Why does government wating taxpayers money on criminals?

I just want to know why Indian Government or Court are wasting money of Tax Payers on Criminals. Though we might have enough evidence against the accused. For Example- Kasab who was clearly seen in the CCTV footage and picture killing innocent people. Still our court appointed a lawyer fo him, providing him best securities.

Can we file a RTI application to government about the total expense on Criminals and from which source they are paying all this? If yes then what would be the procedure.

Thanks!!

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 July 2015

Yes, you can very well obtain the information through RTI act, there is no bar to obtain such information which should be known to public as they are the tax payers to run the government.

suryadhakray   23 July 2015

Thanks a lot sir for the answer. Could you please let me know the procedure for that or Department from where i would get these information?

Thanks!!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2016

you can seek address of the IG Prison Maharashtra from website and sent RTI request with 10 Rs IPO or deposit application with 10 rupees in designated post office or pay oneline with request at govt of india wbesite portal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register