LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dheeraj Anand   28 January 2017

Who owns Park in BDA approved layouts?

#1. Who owns the parks in BDA (Bangalore Development Authority) approved layouts? Is it Government or RWA? I know these parks are maintained by RWA. But who owns them? #2. Can only people from that layout play in that park or any citizen of India? #3. Can RWA stop kids above 14 to not play in that park but allow elders to play badminton? #4. Can RWA make temp rooms and toilets in park to be used by selective few?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 January 2017

It is the Government that owns all parks (BDA).  RWA have no right.  But in every park there is such rules and restrictions without any discrimination.

If you wanted to get official confirmation, you can seek such information under RTI From BDA.  Search their website for RTI application, Public Information officer, and mode of payment of fee and seek as follows>

Information solicited:

1)Please provide copy of directives/notifications/orders/regulations that state on activities permitted in a park owned by BDA but  maintained by RWA.

2)Please inform whether BDA has been displaying such regulations and showing restrictions of such activities through display of notice board.

3)please inform the redressal authority of grievance in affairs of Park situated at.....................................

Dheeraj Anand   29 January 2017

Thank you dear Prasad. This is informative. I will add more questions to this list and file RTI. Fundamentals rights of citizens children are at stake because of actions of few.

Dheeraj Anand   29 January 2017

Thank you dear Prasad. This is informative. I will add more questions to this list and file RTI. Fundamentals rights of citizens children are at stake because of actions of few.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register