Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Velide Anand (Advocate)     15 June 2016

Who is the station house officer?

Dear Sirs,

​The Hon'ble Court ordered to Station House Officer, Police Station to investigate the Criminal case which police staion has the Circle Inspector and Sub-Inspectors.

​The entire Final Report had given by Sub-Inspector instead of Circle Inspector to Hon'ble Court even though it was not counter signed by Circle Inspector.

​My question is that the Final Report of valid without consideration of Circle Inspector who may called as Station House Officer of Police Station in general.

​Please arrange to give your kind reply as soon as possible.

​Thanks & Regards,

Learning

9 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     15 June 2016

Station House Officer is SHO

and SHO will depute the work to the Inspector or Sub-inspector

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 June 2016

There is an officer in every police station. His work is neither circle nor S.I.His work is accepting F.I R. & Maintain day to day records

Velide Anand (Advocate)     16 June 2016

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for positive respond.

Once again I request that, my question is very simple that, how the Final Report may valid without consideration or counter signed by Circle Inspector who may call as Station House Officer of Police Station in general.

In his final report he mentioned that he request for Legal Advice and he obtained the legal opinion on this case.

In general Legal Advice will be provided by Public Prosecutor in many cases but the concerned document was not attached to Final Report which submitted to Hon’ble Court.

And he informed that he had written a letter to A.C.P. regarding this case and mentioned letter No. so and so but the copy also not attached to Final Report which submitted to Hon’ble Court.

​Kindly arrange to give your kind reply as soon as possible.

​Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     21 July 2016

nothing to add

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 July 2016

Cr PC does not define SHO it only defines officer incahrge of police station.

There is no bar on anyone H/Constanble and above to be officer incahrge of police station.

Even sr most amongst the posted constables can be officer incahrge of police station, if state govt so authroise by notification.

It may be better if you give full facts.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Wrong-final-report-of-polce-personnel-to-hon-ble-court-138476.asp

is it the same cae.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/What-is-the-meaning-of-stranger--138711.asp

is it same case.

Bhaskar Pandey (ADVOCATE)     24 July 2016

SIR/MADAM,

SHO IS APPOINTED BY SP OR SSP OF THAT DISTT.

ALMOST TWO STARS OR THREE STARS MAY BE SHO.

AS FOR AS THE LIMITS OF INVESTIGATIONS ARE FIXED BY STATE LAWS.

CRIMES LIMITS OF RS.0--TO RS.25000 IS INVESTIGATED BY A HEAD CONSTIBLE POLICE ALSO. AND ABOVE INVESTIGATIONS ARE DONE BY SUB INSPECTORS.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register