Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Joshi (Semester-I)     17 March 2017

Who are the successor of a hindu lady after death, no will written...!

Respected Sir,

A is a lady who purchased a residential Property and she died in the lifetime of her Husband. She had 2 daughters and 2 sons. One of the son was adopted by someone. And Her husband B gets Married to C. Now the Husband B and the new wife C Gives birth to a new baby D.

Now my question is who are the successor of that Property ?

According to me 2 Daughters and 1 Son of Lady "A". Now the question is whether the husband is the successor or not ? and if he is Successor then, After the Death of Husband, Are Those 2 Daughters and 1 Son also Successor of that husband along with new baby "D"..

Thank You.....!

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Estate devolves equally between who is alive.  Class 1 heirs include, widower, sons, daughters.  In absense of Class 1 heirs, class 2 heirs can claim.  Everyone get 1 share each. Equally.  Any will unregistered or registered can be challenged in court of law who have dispute regarding authenticity of will.

Mukesh sharma (job )     18 March 2017

Hello Rahul first property divided in first class like lady first son or daughter which one have been alive  now and after than its goes to second class if there no one alive fro  first class than property divided to second class..... 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     25 March 2017

The question is not answered fully. Will the second wife and her son/daughter be ever successors to the property? I hope we will not have to consult Vikramaditya.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register