LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kailyn H   30 March 2019

Which lawyer will be able to help

I consider myself married to a guy who denies the marriage. Hence, there are legal proceedings going against the same in the courts.
However, in the midst of it, I had another relationship where the guy and I lied to his family about being married to each other so that we could stay together. There are no ceremonies for the marriage, nor is it registered under any court as I am already married in the court of law as per my statement in the undergoing case. 
The boy in the other relationship, had his family have a reception ceremony for the marriage that never existed (the one we liked about). I was first against it as I am already married to someone in my own eyes and as per my statements. However, later I agreed to be at the FAKE reception function after an email agreement with the guy telling him clearly that I am not married to him nor will he ever bring this up or claim me to be his wife ever in case we break up and he acknowledged the same.
Now, we have broken up, however, I am worried and scared that he may bring up the issue of me being his wife (which I am not). I cannot take this case to the court considering my ongoing case will go bad because of this.
I somehow also believe that this FAKE reception function etc is "Null and Void" considering my current situation. But I want to make sure that I have a Null and Void Affidavit/ Legal paper signed by the guy so that he does not come up to harass me again.
Is there a possibility that I can get out of this without taking the matter to the court with a Null and Void and Non Disclosure thing in place.
Lawyers who I reached out to are adding me a bomb to prepare any documents for the same. Can anyone please help?

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     30 March 2019

Are you sure you had first valid marriage about which you made statement in court proceedings? Mere making statement doesn't make it valid marriage unless the required customary ceremonies and rites applicable to the parties were performed to call it valid marriage. Now as far second part, that is mere living together without any marriage which you admit. In such circumstance the validity of the first marriage if held by the court, you are wife of first man and by living with another man even without marriage you are living in adulterous relationship which give ground for divorce for your husband. Your second marriage drama or reception has no legal validity and no liability for you to fulfill towards the second man.

Kailyn H   30 March 2019

thanks for the advise. my first one denies marriage due to inadequate proofs. Also, he hasn't been around since years and there was no live-in with the second one. Only a few months in his house for which the fake function happened. I have been living alone without his visits to my home. I'm just worried that the second man is a sort of gold digger and he may want to use the fake function pictures inappropriately for money. Is there any documentation that he and I can sign so that this one doesn't not stay as my baggage in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register