Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Gupta (lawyer)     25 June 2009

Whether the government should resume dialogue with Pakistan?

The government shall not resume dialogue with Pakistan untill and unless Pakistan takes some efficient step to curb the terrorism. I can say that PAkistan govt had indeed take step only when they see the situation going out of control in swat valley. But the question arises as to what we will get by such useless dialogue. 62 years have passed and numwerous meetings have taken place. lakhs of tax payers  money had benn spent. it is time to think.

Learning

3 Replies

Raman ( )     25 June 2009

Hello Vishal,

Let me pull the topic from different direction ....

What if Pakistan could not curb the terrorism ! I doubt it because Americans themselves took such a long time to wipe these pricks out from Afghanistan. That too, these Talibans are hiding in the Switzerland of Pakistan which is a great picturesque landscape for their country. Definitely, no country wants to make such a place as a battleground. Then how ? US doesn't know where exactly all of the Pakistan's nuclear sites are located ! Pakistan also, is reluctant to reveal it. What if Talibans will snatch Pakistan's nuclear weapons ? In my opinion, we Indians, should welcome a dialogue with Pakistan and if possible we need to help Islamabad to win the fight with Talibans, in order to protect our country.

FYI - I am not a Pro Pakistan :)

Raman ( )     26 June 2009

Hello Vishal,

Here is a little correction, I should have said in my previous thread:

" If Pakistan could not curb the terrorism in their own country ! " ........

Pakistan could not obtain complete control of their own country from terrorists, how would they curb the terrorism in our country !! We all are very well aware that we have some strained relations with our neighboring countries, especially with Pakistan. We have also made numerous sensible talks in 62 years and that has never worked out (obviously). We have also seen number of terrorist attacks(especially Parliament attack), that has been a great challenge to our Nationhood. By seeing all, should we imagine that Pak is a civilized country, would analyze on what is good & what is bad ? We should also consider the strengths & weaknesses of our Political System too.

From my perspective, we are in an imminent danger from not only Pakis but also from Talis. Therefore, having a dialogue with Pakistan this time, may give us a hope on smoothening our relations little better, as always we hoped.

Vishal Gupta (lawyer)     26 June 2009

mr. raman thanks for ur great contribution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register