LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Whether name of step father can be entered in birth certific

Whether name of step father can be entered in birth certificate in place of biological father?

Thus, from the above, it transpires that even if there is a divorce between biological parents of the petitioner, in the presence of the biological father, the step-father of the petitioner cannot give the petitioner in adoption with his biological mother. Even under Section 8 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, the step-son is neither Class-I nor Class-II heir.
Thus, from the aforesaid discussion, it transpires that correction in the Birth Certificate in the Register of Births and Deaths of the adoptive parents can be made if it is proved to the satisfaction of the Registrar, that too in accordance with the other terms and conditions mentioned in Section 15 of the Act but the entry of a step-father, replacing the name of the biological father in the Birth Certificate maintained under the Act, cannot be made.
Punjab-Haryana High Court
Baljit Kumar vs State Of Punjab & Ors on 4 May, 2016
CWP No.3560 of 2016 (O&M)

CORAM: Hon'ble Mr. Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain

https://www.lawweb.in/2016/05/whether-name-of-step-father-can-be.html

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 May 2016

You are doing a commendable job.

I am all appreciation.

Keep on doing it.

God Bless!

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     26 May 2016

No names of step father is not replaced by biological father since he never came under class I, class II legal heirs.

Thanks

Dr Martin Campbell (Doctor)     26 May 2016

Father is a father and step is a step.  Good judgement.  TFS.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 May 2016

Informative case history by the author

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 May 2016

What if biological father is not known or if the biological father denies paternity? Proving through modern methods is another matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register