Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant (none)     20 October 2013

Whether go to police or call a lawyer?

Hi,

This is about my landlord that I am having a problem with. He runs a PG here in Mumbai, a young fellow of about 30. 

It was only after shifting here that I learnt that he doesn't return anybody's deposit money. Besides, he starts new businesses with young people and cheats them with their money, so every second day someone comes here asking for money back and there's shouting and this and that but he doesn't give back anyone's money.  It's not that he doesn't have it but it's habit. He himself maintains a car, nice mobiles, laptop , a..c. and every similar things but all with cheated money. He also keeps good money on him all the time.

Last month  since I shifted here I learnt a lot about him like he gets new gullible girlfriends and cheats them with their money too.

Anyways, my problems started when he he ditched one girl who had invested her money to start an acting school in the house where I live. The school was closed in less than a month and the girl lost all her money and then she was sent to pack up too. She's been calling and coming asking this guy for settlements but he just doesnt' care.  

Now he's found another new partner, a simple fellow and with his investments, he's started a tiffin service. business in our house, so they got three cooks and have started using our kitchen , so all day long their cooking, the house is full of smell, the servants are always talking loud  in vulgar language the way they alwasy talk, they sleep on our sofa sets, use our t.v. and everything. when I complained to the landlord, he always was just not bothered. He lives with us, free of cost as he's taken the flat on rent but all other tenants including me pay him enough so he does need to pay for  himself. On the contrary, he saves money.

So with smell all around, noisy cooks, people shouting for their money back, it's become a lot of problem, especially when he just accomodated more stranger paying guest inside the same house where there's just no space. Three cooks sleep in the drawing room. He doesn't  sent anyone's docs for police verification and doesn't even collect anyone's identity proof. similarly, when you ask for agreement, he says ok, nxet week but then his next week never comes.

Today I told him I am going to vacate and he needs to return my deposit money but as usual he says, I shouldl give him one month notice. There are sixteen more days before before the month is over and I guess this much of notice is enough when I can''t live here even one day. so, that's just another of his ways he dupes people. If he cared about law and notices, then where's the agreement I've asking him for.

so, now what do I do, I walk to a police station or Go to a  lawyer and then let lawyer do all the work and get my money refunded?  I also have a question that if he refuses to pay me deposit, even if it's small like 8K, can I dial 100 and call police for this?

thanks,

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register