Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Mishra (Business)     25 July 2017

Where and with-in how many days after getting married, should i apply for marriage certificate

Iam going to get married with-in a few weeks. Iam from Chhattisgarh & my would be wife is from Uttar-Pradesh. We are having a normal hindu marraige [hindu marriage act] Place of marriage will be in uttar-pradesh. My question is; in which state's nagar-nigam/palika should i apply for marriage certificate Chhattisgarh OR Uttar-Pradesh ? is there a time-frame for applying for marriage certificate after marriage ? I mean can i apply for it, after an year of getting married in my state ie., chhattisgarh ? what is the procedure ?

Learning

2 Replies

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     25 July 2017

If you are getting married under Hindu Law, after marriage get it registered where the marriage solemnized and immediately after one or two days you get the certificate. If you are getting married under Special Marriage Act, after filing the application, marriage will be solemnized thirty days after marriage and immediately after that you get certficate.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 July 2017

GO thru website/details published/displayed by O/o Marriage Registrar..............

It is simple process  and you should not face difficulty...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register