Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Patel (businessman)     10 February 2016

When to paid maintenance

Dear sir,
My divorce case is under trial. as per my lawyer suggestion i was giving maintenance on hearing date(2-3 months), however for last 7 months hearing didnt occur due to not coming by my wife & retirement of Judge also. i will pay all dues when she will come on hearing.

My question is what my lawyer said is it correct? for this can she fill a petition? should i monthly deposit it in court?

Learning

4 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     10 February 2016

Your lawyer is correct. In case she has to resort to file an execution petition to recover her dues, then she may also claim interest wrt the said amount. This must be at rohini court, delhi right?

Born Fighter (xxx)     10 February 2016

ur excuse for not paying maintenance is not correct.....wife's lawyer can file execution petition AND/or ask court to strike your defence.

Better pay some money to show ur paying and to stop ur wife from filing petition OR Pay 50% after wife files petition...simple

U filed divorce or ur wife has filed ???

Ankit Patel (businessman)     10 February 2016

Sir, i filled divorce petition asis of cruilety on d  b& she filled she want to stay and for money demand i am leaving her (false allegation).

so sir should i now deposit due amount in court & should not wait for hearing?

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     10 February 2016

Men are not recommended to file divorce. Please see my post on the following thread.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=132987&offset=1#.VrtRZNIrLIV

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register